Governments seem to do the opposite of what they say

Started by zarus tathra, February 15, 2014, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Whatever. I live among roughly 250 black men in a rather closed society, the YMCA in downtown Columbus. I don't know the exact numbers, but it's about 50/50 white/black with abiut 500 rooms. We have common bathrooms, most people,  over 90% live below poverty levels, many with no income. I spent the past year in homeless shelters, about the same rates. I shot heroin for many years and hung out in dope houses with a LOT of black people and have lived in mixed neighborhoods all my adult life.
Quit watching Fox and their big, bad scarey stories.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

zarus tathra

I really don't understand the "left wing"'s obsession with protecting the reputation of the viciously reckless poor. Regardless, I've hung out with various members of the lumpenproletariat and they've actually never been a threat to me personally.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

Zarus, you're really a twit. You don't really even deserve a response,  but just know you're outnumbered in your ivory tower. You ought to try meeting a few poor people,  but of course you're to fucking good to be seen with common trash. Fuck off prick.

Jack89

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Whatever. I live among roughly 250 black men in a rather closed society, the YMCA in downtown Columbus. I don't know the exact numbers, but it's about 50/50 white/black with abiut 500 rooms. We have common bathrooms, most people,  over 90% live below poverty levels, many with no income. I spent the past year in homeless shelters, about the same rates. I shot heroin for many years and hung out in dope houses with a LOT of black people and have lived in mixed neighborhoods all my adult life.
Quit watching Fox and their big, bad scarey stories.
So most people black, white, hispanic, asians, etc, etc, aren't overtly racist. I think that's understood.  I also get that minorities have been oppressed.  I can see that oppression being a reason for racism, but that does no make it acceptable.
Throughout this thread you've marginalized any racism mention from minorities, even telling me and others to quit playing the victim car.  In the same breath you point out that minorities are victims of white oppression and imply they deserve special consideration.  You are discriminating.  

My point is that there should be no discrimination.  There is no excuse for being racist, and there should be no marginalization or tolerance of it from any perspective.  You will never have equality if you keep emphasizing differences and making exceptions.

And excusing peoples racism because of past injustices is bullshit.  If you tolerate bad social behavior it will only get worse.

zarus tathra

QuoteIf you tolerate bad social behavior it will only get worse.

They don't tolerate it, in a distant, political sense, they reward it.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

When did I say there are no racists in any other race besides the white race? Hey, I get it. You're afraid of your own shadow.  No big deal. At least I feel much safer knowing your probably hiding under your beds with your guns instead of hanging out where I do.

Jack89

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"When did I say there are no racists in any other race besides the white race? Hey, I get it. You're afraid of your own shadow.  No big deal. At least I feel much safer knowing your probably hiding under your beds with your guns instead of hanging out where I do.
No, you don't get it.  Try objectively reading my last post.