Give The Correct Counter Sign Or Get Shot!

Started by Solitary, February 15, 2014, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Two spies want to get in an enemy's military base.In order to get in they have to give the correct countersign to the guard at the gate after he gives them the sign. So they wait hidden nearby the gate so that they will overhear the countersign from another soldier.

One soldier comes and the guard gives the sign: "6".The soldier answers "3".The guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes.The guard says "12" and the soldier gives the answer "6".The guard lets him pass. So, the first spy goes at the gate and the guard asks says "10".The spy, sure that he knew the answer as he was, says "5". Immediately, the guard shoots him dead.

Then the other spy, who saw that the other spy was killed when he gave the countersign, had now understood what the right answer would be, whatever the guard's sign was.So, he walks to the gate and the guard says "8".The spy gives the correct answer and the guard lets him in. What was the answer that the spy gave? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "Atheon"5

And the prize goes to Atheon the logic wiz.  =D>   :-D  Solitary
And I didn't even use Google!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

the_antithesis

How about explaining the answer to those of us who've murdered our upper brain functions with beer and pizza?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "the_antithesis"How about explaining the answer to those of us who've murdered our upper brain functions with beer and pizza?

Hint: do not look at the numbers, but how they are written with alphabet letters.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"He got the drop on the guard and shot him.

I hate to say it, but wrong answer, even if it would work, but the spies are nice and unarmed Christians.  #-o  :lol: Solitary
It's an atheist conspiracy to undermine gods will then. [-(

Atheon

pato15

Could also be 3.

"Counter-sign = 3 x (number of digits in sign)" fits the pattern as well, as far as I can tell.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

hillbillyatheist

I suck at these kind of things. I'd have never guessed it. when it comes to math and weird puzzles I'm an idiot.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Your bullets cannot harm me. My wings are like a shield of steel!  --Bat Fink.

Yeah, I would've been toast too. Good thing I decided to not be a spy. 8-[

AllPurposeAtheist

Sorry, the more politically correct BatFink for the comic nerds.

Johan

Quote from: "Solitary"The counter sign is always the number of letters to the sign.
Impossible. The premise states that enemy spies are trying to gain access to a military base. And the answer is in English which would suggest that the base in question is an American base. Which would require that the guards at said gate would need to know how to spell. Impossible. They'd either shoot anyone who tried to get in or let them all through.  :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

Don't go patting yourself on the back now.  I was batty long before you came along.  :lol:

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Solitary on February 15, 2014, 11:37:52 AM

I hate to say it, but wrong answer, even if it would work, but the spies are nice and unarmed Christians.  <!-- s#-o -->#-o<!-- s#-o -->  <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Solitary
Nice christians, I guess there are a few around.  Unarmed?  well there are probably more nice than unarmed christians, at least on the fundie side.

I believe in the Second Amendment, I own a handful of guns, and I carry a handgun whenever and where ever it is legal.  I fully understand that it is solely up to me to protect myself and my family and  that may require deadly force in a worse case scenario.

With my interest in guns and shooting I post on several gun related forums, and the number of fundie's there is disturbing, you know the ones that take the bible verbatim as fact, and believe the earth is 6K old.  But I also live in the buy bull belt, and the number here is also disturbing.

But there are some atheists that own/carry, and even post on the forums to that fact.
In dog beers I've only had one.