Federal Judge Overturns Virginia Ban on Same Sex Marriage

Started by aileron, February 14, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aileron

They're falling like dominoes...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/us/fe ... pe=article

Unlike the Utah federal judge, he stayed the execution pending the appeal, but still this is progress.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aileron

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"but they're also trying to outlaw blowjobs here too

The SCOTUS has already ruled these kinds of laws unconstitutional.  They're just bloviating.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

SGOS

Moving forward and surprisingly fast.  The dam seems to be breaking.  Freedom and equality is flowing.  I don't think it can be stopped now.

AllPurposeAtheist

And now you see the results.. a giant snowstorm..  Everyone knows these things are gods punishment.  #-o
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "SGOS"Moving forward and surprisingly fast.  The dam seems to be breaking.  Freedom and equality is flowing.  I don't think it can be stopped now.
I can't wait for the blow job thingy to get to the courts.  That's going to be great fun to watch.  I suspect it will just end up being one of those blue laws that remain on the books.  I can't see politicians jumping on the blow job band wagon.  It's just too silly to be an issue, and would make the whole idea of State Legislators a joke.

Or maybe Virginia will pass a Missionary Position Only law.  That would be quite popular, I'm sure.  They have this bumper sticker that says Virginia is for Lovers.  Would they add qualifiers to that?  How could they fit them all on a bumper sticker?  Great fun!

AllPurposeAtheist

Bumper sticker: Virginia is for lovers, but only one married man and one married woman who ONLY fuck in the missionary position under the covers with the lights off. We prefer they be married to each other,  but we couldn't fit that on the bumper sticker.  :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Bumper sticker: Virginia is for lovers, but only one married man and one married woman who ONLY fuck in the missionary position under the covers with the lights off. We prefer they be married to each other,  but we couldn't fit that on the bumper sticker.  :-D

The Skeletal Atheist

There needs to be a cover between them with a hole in it as well. And the woman should be wearing a burqa with a hole in it. Also no thrusting, the man must simply let it "soak" in her. There must be no kissing or direct eye contact. After the act they must wash their naughty bits in holy water, then whip themselves exactly 113 times. After taking and maintaining a vow of total silence for six months they are done!

And that is how you make sex pure before the eyes of God.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shol'va

The Skeletal Atheist

I forgot to add that the total duration of the act may be no longer than 3 minutes. There must be absolutely no utterances at all. The bed the act took place on must be burned along with all the sheets.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shol'va

And as a bonus, that practice helps keep the bed bugs at bay.

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

AtDawnTheySquee

Atheon

There's still a stay, pending appeals. Battle's not over. Gay marriages aren't taking place there yet.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca