News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Inverse Solipsism

Started by Sal1981, February 13, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Short question, possibly long discussion; what is the inverse of solipsism?

I was thinking empiricism, but I'm not so sure.

josephpalazzo

Sal1981

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"altruism, selflessness
Interesting. I think I agree.

An altruistic person is probably vulnerable towards solipsistic people, right?

Plu

If solipsism is the belief that there is only the consciousness of self, then I'd say that the inverse is the belief that there exists more consciousnesses than the self.

But it depends heavily on how you formulate solipsism I guess. Generally speaking things don't really have an inverse unless they're some sort of binary proposition.

aileron

Quote from: "Plu"If solipsism is the belief that there is only the consciousness of self, then I'd say that the inverse is the belief that there exists more consciousnesses than the self.

+1

This is right by definition.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

aitm

bah, solipsism doesn't exist, and neither do you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jmpty

I think the inverse would be that everything is real but you.
???  ??

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Jmpty"I think the inverse would be that everything is real but you.

:rollin: