News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

reclaiming privacy

Started by barbarian, February 09, 2014, 02:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Ooh,ooh, I am a baby boomer and gosh yes, I got my post count, you condescending little fuck. I am also someone who has been deeply involved with self reliance and shit like living off the grid, but apparently your lofty little latte drinkin' brain if beyond all that. Kiss my ass, you stupid cunt.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "barbarian"Yeah, you really missed the point.  I am not worried about being arrested. Some of the wild shit you mentioned really isn't what I was trying to say and also I wasn't asking for advice like you seem to be giving. This was suppose to be more of an informal debate on what people actually think about the topic. When reading this I would guess you to be part of the baby boomer or older generation. Well, at least you got a post count for it.
The amount of stupid in this post is frightening. I think Stromboli already said everything else that need be said about it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

[moderator:2s391sb6]Let's all be friendly to each other, guys. And that goes for you too, barbarian.[/moderator:2s391sb6]

PickelledEggs

Yeah, barbarian.

I'm always bothered by this and the freedom of speech issue the more than anything. I don't remember where you said you were from, but in the U.S. everyone seems so worried about the 2nd amendment (right to bear arms) that they forget about the first one (freedom of speech, freedom from religion, freedom for the press... etc) Internet privacy is covered in one of the amendments too, though I forget at this time which one it is.

SGOS

Well, this thread took a turn for the worse.   :-D

Jason78

Quote from: "barbarian"In end I feel that it would really take a lot of money and efforts in reclaiming our privacies and protection of our personal information, if we ever could anymore.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.21 (MingW32)
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=pMyy
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Like it or not us old folks have been through this before. Ever hear of Hoover and Nixon? It's not as if anyone is sitting around rooting for a totalitarian police state with spies on every corner and we're all aware of those risks. Most of us grew up during the cold war when that was the propaganda of the day and that big, bad gubnit would come take everyone's guns and FEMA death camps and blahfuckingblah..Now the propaganda seems to be your privacy is gone, but its not gone. You have choices and your privacy is a matter of choice. You know when you're putting information out there that can put you in jepardy and if you don't then it would behooves you to review what information you've been making public.
Are there nefarious people out there willing to exploit it? Sure there is, but it's up to you what information you put out there.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shol'va

Here is a good rule of thumb. If you are not paying for a product (Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc), chances are YOU and your information are the products.

barbarian

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Like it or not us old folks have been through this before. Ever hear of Hoover and Nixon? It's not as if anyone is sitting around rooting for a totalitarian police state with spies on every corner and we're all aware of those risks. Most of us grew up during the cold war when that was the propaganda of the day and that big, bad gubnit would come take everyone's guns and FEMA death camps and blahfuckingblah..Now the propaganda seems to be your privacy is gone, but its not gone. You have choices and your privacy is a matter of choice. You know when you're putting information out there that can put you in jepardy and if you don't then it would behooves you to review what information you've been making public.
Are there nefarious people out there willing to exploit it? Sure there is, but it's up to you what information you put out there.

Of course you can dismiss many things as propaganda as that always depends on what side of the fence you are standing and I agree with you on this. I would not consider current SCOTUS rulings propaganda which bleeds into this conversation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/2 ... 54440.html

I tend to agree with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in that the decision would erode protections against warrantless home searches. Courts have had previously held that such protections as the core of the 4th Amendment and its ban on unreasonable searches and seizures. She to is getting towards the end of her seat. When she does resign I can only hope she is replaced by another judge with the sense she brought to SCOTUS.