The scam of 'private probation'

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 06, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Fuck jason..you think you're technically correct about everything..it must be that libertarian gene shit.. You better see a doctor about that. :roll:

Yes, libertarians have this "We're technically right, the best kind of right" attitude about them, but there's little evidence that the Feds wouldn't be just as bad, if not worse, if they were doing this without contractors.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

Zarus, you're a Jason clone aren't you? it wouldn't surprise me one bit if liberatarians favored contracting a company out at tax payer expense to rewrite the constitution to better reflect the desires of market forces.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Zarus, you're a Jason clone aren't you? it wouldn't surprise me one bit if liberatarians favored contracting a company out at tax payer expense to rewrite the constitution to better reflect the desires of market forces.

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

zarus tathra

Fuck no, I'm a technocrat/pragmatist. Every command economy we've seen so far has been a failure. There's a chance that one could work with modern-day artificial intelligence and real-time monitoring of hundreds of thousands of economic and sociological indicators, but I wouldn't trust the average bureaucrat to be able to multiply two 3-digit numbers by hand, much less understand even the basics of such a system.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

AllPurposeAtheist

Whatever..the topic really isn't about your hardons for privatizing everything. It's about fundamental justice.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Whatever..the topic really isn't about your hardons for privatizing everything. It's about fundamental justice.

Exactly.  I'm a libertarian, and I am firmly against this contracting-out of justice.

Not only do we think that government does have purpose, many of us also believe that some jobs are solely the job of the public government.
<insert witty aphorism here>

zarus tathra

More specifically, probably a democratic government with strong constitutional controls and a well-armed public. Although it would be really interesting to see what would happen if the "justice" system ceased to exist altogether in any form, public or private. Belgium's government collapsed and precisely nothing happened, so in all likelihood things would go on more or less as they always have.