Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nye/Ham Debate - 22 Questions

Started by Atheon, February 06, 2014, 04:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

I'm not sure I get the image... what's it referencing? :/

Shiranu

Quote from: "Jason78"I've decided to ignore the PRATT questions, and move on to deciding which people in the pics I'd shag and which ones I wouldn't:

1.  Would not shag.
2.  Would not shag.
3.  Would not shag.
4.  Would not shag.
5.  Would shag.
6.  Would not shag.
7.  Would shag.
8.  Would shag.
9.  Would not shag.
10.  Would shag.
11.  Would not shag.
12.  Would shag.
13.  Would shag.
14.  Would not shag.
15.  Would not shag.
16.  Would not shag.
17.  Would shag.
18.  Would not shag.
19.  Would not shag.
20.  Would shag.
21.  Would not shag.
22.  Would shag.

I'll take 4 and definitely 12, please. Just need to make sure I use an alias and a foreign accent so they never know I am from here...

QuoteI refuse to shag any human asking those questions, even if I die from sex deprivation. And I am pretty close.

[youtube:1umhz2m2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oApBrFAtRrc[/youtube:1umhz2m2]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Ham has the best defense when he said nothing could change his mind. Pity it was for Nye's position.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

Quote from: "Jason78"I've decided to ignore the PRATT questions, and move on to deciding which people in the pics I'd shag and which ones I wouldn't:

1.  Would not shag.
2.  Would not shag.
3.  Would not shag.
4.  Would not shag.
5.  Would shag.
6.  Would not shag.
7.  Would shag.
8.  Would shag.
9.  Would not shag.
10.  Would shag.
11.  Would not shag.
12.  Would shag.
13.  Would shag.
14.  Would not shag.
15.  Would not shag.
16.  Would not shag.
17.  Would shag.
18.  Would not shag.
19.  Would not shag.
20.  Would shag.
21.  Would not shag.
22.  Would shag.
For me: any of the women except No. 16.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: "Plu"I'm not sure I get the image... what's it referencing? :/
The 22 questions from creationists, which were apparently submitted in image form.  Most of the "objections" to evolution rested on gross misunderstandings of the core concept.  It's like asking how a car could work for hours on end without the dragon inside the engine getting tired.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Plu"I'm not sure I get the image... what's it referencing? :/
whoever made the image photoshopped a classic line from the movie zoolander

[youtube:1yin7c5m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-8IuUkJJc[/youtube:1yin7c5m]

Hydra009

The creationist questions are seriously about on that level.

Tide goes in, tide goes out.  Can't explain that.

The same reason that British people are still around even though they colonized much of the world.

Now that you mention it, yeah, that's pretty illogical.

Note the repetition with the sunset "question".  This is apparently a profound argument in creationist circles.  Nature exists, therefore God.  Which God?  Allah, of course.  Isn't it obvious?!

SGOS

That one about explaining the sunset stumps me completely.  Gee, I dunno.  Can anyone here help? :-D

Hydra009

Quote from: "SGOS"That one about explaining the sunset stumps me completely.  Gee, I dunno.  Can anyone here help? :-D
It's Thor smashing the sun with his mighty hammer until the sun falls below the horizon.  The colorful lights are simply arcs of energy given off by the impacts.

AllPurposeAtheist

Gee, they forgot to ask,  "But Bill! If God didn't bring you to this debate how did you get here? "  :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"http://imgur.com/gallery/PbBTk
THAT IS BRILLIANT :shock:  =D>  :lol:

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"
Quote from: "Plu"Yeah but Kate Micucci is really smart and witty, and that's what makes her attractive :P These people are dumb as sacks of rocks.
:evil: See username.
Honsetly, I've seen lists like this before, and they made about as much sense then as they do now. Whats up with creationists and lists?

It's how they debate.  Throw out as much crap as they can.  If it's a timed debate you run out of time before you refute it all.  If it's a text debate with a word limit you run out of room.  Even without those limitations they're hoping you'll miss something in the avalanche of bullshit and they can claim victory on that one point.

It's called a "Gish Gallop".

One time when confronted with a Gish Gallop on a forum, I didn't even bother giving detailed refutations.  I simply quoted each item on the list one by one and responded with "that's false" to each.  It annoyed the piss out of the Gish Galloper.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

You're probably a closet gish galloper, just to lazy to do the typing. :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

Yup. And notice how more than half of the questions have absolutely nothing to do with evolution.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca