CBO says people might finally retire killing MILLIONS of job

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 05, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, that's the GOP's conclusion and of course the media is reporting it as if Obamacare, aka the Affordable Care Act will kill millions of jobs, but a strange thing happened.  The CBO said no such thing.
Basically since many won't have to work well into their old age they might decide to retire.
Somehow the media,  the WSJ AND others have  arbitrarily decided old people are to fucking lazy at 93.
//http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/05/1275088/-Abbreviated-Pundit-Round-up-Distortions-of-the-new-CBO-report-Creationism-vs-Science?showAll=yes
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Yeah, I like how the conservatives think that people at 75+ want to work and don't deserve their retirement.
The fact is that the Affordable Care Act has caused the elderly to retire instead of hanging on to a job just so they won't lose their medical insurance.
Possibly 2 million people all elderly will finally get to do what they deserve and that is to retire. Not only will it let people get what they deserve but it will open up jobs for younger people. And business should love it as older people were hanging on to high paying jobs. Since now they will finally retire business can do one of two things.
1) Higher a younger replacement at a lower salary or
2) eliminate the job entirely
Either way it will reduce overall cost for the company.
This is another example of how the Affordable Care Act is working FOR America even though the conservatives are spinning it the completely opposite way. You can always count on the FOX brainwashed morons to lie about the reality.

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

stromboli

I retired. Somebody below me moved up in the ranks, a chain reaction of job upgrades. How is that removing jobs? Jobs are removed by innovation and change, not by people retiring. You remove a slot when somebody retires because the job is no longer needed. Obamacare has nothing to do with that.