News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Verse 9:29

Started by VladK, February 03, 2014, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Bwahahaha, "the most reinterpreted means has the most meanings", hilarious. The more you can reinterpret something, the less it means ;)

Thumpalumpacus

I dunno.  I lived in two Islamic countries for a total of five years, and somehow escaped being beheaded.  Go figure, I usually have shitty luck.
<insert witty aphorism here>

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Plu"Bwahahaha, "the most reinterpreted means has the most meanings", hilarious. The more you can reinterpret something, the less it means ;)

the more you can reinterpret something. the more (perceived) meanings it has. Since god is different to every person, he has the most meanings.
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"
Quote from: "Plu"Bwahahaha, "the most reinterpreted means has the most meanings", hilarious. The more you can reinterpret something, the less it means ;)

the more you can reinterpret something. the more (perceived) meanings it has. Since god is different to every person, he has the most meanings.
As my astronomy teacher once said, "If all religious interpretations are right, then they're all wrong." There can be multiple degrees of truth, but there can't be multiple truths. It's a contradiction in terms. If concept has many different meanings, it is meaningless, because invoking the term can imply so many different things that the discussion cannot progress.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"

As my astronomy teacher once said, "If all religious interpretations are right, then they're all wrong." There can be multiple degrees of truth, but there can't be multiple truths. It's a contradiction in terms. If concept has many different meanings, it is meaningless, because invoking the term can imply so many different things that the discussion cannot progress.

How is it meaningless if all of those degrees of truth are part of a whole truth?..the discussion can not progress because there is no other way to put it...(also it is meaningful(less), depending on the person)...and you're right...they are all wrong singularly, but right when unified

The Skeletal Atheist

Can you give me the number to your dealer?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

kilodelta

Quote from: "stromboli"Read a history book. Read the current news. A Muslim woman saw fit to throw acid on another woman because she was not dressed according to religious rules. Muslims have attacked other countries to further their own ends. It isn't any harder to understand than that. You can talk all day long about religion of peace, but the facts run counter to that argument.

You want me to acknowledge the general media as a form of legitimate information?(Funded by big media conglomerates, who are themselves funded by the big bankers who control[seemingly] the world's flow of information) . You want me to read a history book that could have been manipulated in time? Nahh I think ill continue to read from the fountain of essence.

You want me to acknowledge the general religious dogma as a form of legitimate information?(Funded by big religious conglomerates, who are themselves funded by the meek who are controlled [literally] by the world's flow of misinformation). You want me to read a religious book that could have been manipulated in time? Nahh I think ill continue to read from verifiable sources.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "kilodelta"
Quote from: "stromboli"Read a history book. Read the current news. A Muslim woman saw fit to throw acid on another woman because she was not dressed according to religious rules. Muslims have attacked other countries to further their own ends. It isn't any harder to understand than that. You can talk all day long about religion of peace, but the facts run counter to that argument.

You want me to acknowledge the general media as a form of legitimate information?(Funded by big media conglomerates, who are themselves funded by the big bankers who control[seemingly] the world's flow of information) . You want me to read a history book that could have been manipulated in time? Nahh I think ill continue to read from the fountain of essence.

You want me to acknowledge the general religious dogma as a form of legitimate information?(Funded by big religious conglomerates, who are themselves funded by the meek who are controlled [literally] by the world's flow of misinformation). You want me to read a religious book that could have been manipulated in time? Nahh I think ill continue to read from verifiable sources.

who said i followed a religious dogma? I follow god...not any "religious" group. Who is a better verifiable source...the source of all creation? or the news?

kilodelta

Quote from: "kilodelta"You want me to acknowledge the general religious dogma as a form of legitimate information?(Funded by big religious conglomerates, who are themselves funded by the meek who are controlled [literally] by the world's flow of misinformation). You want me to read a religious book that could have been manipulated in time? Nahh I think ill continue to read from verifiable sources.

who said i followed a religious dogma? I follow god...not any "religious" group. Who is a better verifiable source...the source of all creation? or the news?

Okay. So, you don't claim to follow and religious dogma, but prescribe to the Abrahamic god... whatever.

At least I could do some sort of test or verification on what the news provides. This "source of all creation" has yet to show itself. Calling existence "creation" actually begs the question. I'll go with the news over whatever you've dreamed up about a supernatural being/thing.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"they are all wrong singularly, but right when unified
This is called painting the bulls-eye around the arrow. Trying to make you see reason is obviously an exercise in futility at this point. You're just here to proselytize.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"they are all wrong singularly, but right when unified
This is called painting the bulls-eye around the arrow. Trying to make you see reason is obviously an exercise in futility at this point. You're just here to proselytize.

[ Image ]

proselytizing by stating that it's a choice to believe? that seems like a logical conclusion -.- if you wish me to leave, I will...it matters not to me..I was only concerned...if so, i wish you all luck in your attempts to find complete rationality (truth) in a balanced world, created from a balanced god (one of chaos and order)..

Damarcus

personally, I don't wish for you to leave (though I don't speak for everyone here) I find your views interesting.  So you don't belong to any religious group. How then, did you come to the conclusion that Allah is the one and only true god? How are you sure that you aren't mistaken?
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.

VladK

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb""Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled."

First Muslim means to submit to god. Just because someone is a Muslim doesn't mean they solely represent faith..all religions do...all people do who understand unity. Everyone is a part of it.
Fight in this context means repress.
Jizyah is a payment given to acknowledge that money is only material and invaluable. We fight the unbelievers because its the only way to maintain and restore the balance of good and bad knowledge(god). Like Ying and Yang. Those who don't offer anything to God bring down the human race, because they don't have purpose.

Not sure what I'm supposed to reply, sounds like a case of "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Damarcus"personally, I don't wish for you to leave (though I don't speak for everyone here) I find your views interesting.  So you don't belong to any religious group. How then, did you come to the conclusion that Allah is the one and only true god? How are you sure that you aren't mistaken?

Thanks you. I'm glad to share my beliefs if they provoke thought  :-D
From the Book of Certitude and all the works of Baha'ullah and from
analysis of my dreams..(which I don't have any more since dreams are a mix of Freudian dream theory and extra-dimensional realm communication...depending on the person's understanding)
(Simply, We can either dream of our desires, or we can set aside our desires for other dreams)...and i can never be mistaken now..i am certain of it.
I'd be glad to share those dreams specifically if you want too. I write them all down. I've only had 4 dreams in the past year.

Damarcus

so your main reason for believing in Allah is due to dreams you've had about him? did you read the books of Certitude and Baha'ullah before or after you started having these dreams?
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.