Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

State of the Union

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 28, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"It's on in an hour or so,  but rubes are publicizing not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 "responses" staring their crazies. This ought to be a hoot.  :popcorn:

There's no such thing as an official response.  Anyone can make a response, it is up to you to decide if the response amounts to anything.
there you go again. There were no less than 4 official responses, one made by your hero Rand Paul and his libertarian idealism of no government.
Here's one from another hero of yours Tea Partier Mike Lee, Ted Cruz's right hand man:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01 ... n-address/

His dad is someone I respect.  But you can't tell the difference between Rand Paul and Ron Paul, and you also can't tell the difference between Ron Paul and Ted Cruz  You think they are all the same person, one big amorphous blog of people who disagree with you, all the same person.

So, where in the constitution do you find the official response?  There is no such thing.  Anyone can make a response.  You can make a response and call it your official response.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah yeah Jason.  Libertarians are all special snowflakes.. We get it..  =D>
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"So, where in the constitution do you find the official response?  There is no such thing.  Anyone can make a response.  You can make a response and call it your official response.

Now you're just grasping at straws. The response is not in the Constitution. That isn't what makes the response official. What makes it official are the elected officials that state that their response IS an official response of their party's position to the State of the Union. When the amorphous blog quits acting in lockstep obedience to the same old failed tactic and ideas, I'll see them differently. As of right now they all obey the Koch brothers and FOX.

billhilly

Quote from: "Plu"All presidents are tool puppet presidents.

Yep, sucks but there it is.

AllPurposeAtheist

The constitution doesn't mention stop signs and yet every city has them. Coincidence? I think not!  [-(
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

The Constitution doesn't say a thing about "official press conferences" but they still exist and are still "official."

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "mykcob4"When the amorphous blog quits acting in lockstep obedience to the same old failed tactic and ideas, I'll see them differently.

So you don't believe that libertarians and conservatives are the same.  Glad to know you've finally grown up a little.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "mykcob4"When the amorphous blog quits acting in lockstep obedience to the same old failed tactic and ideas, I'll see them differently.

So you don't believe that libertarians and conservatives are the same.  Glad to know you've finally grown up a little.
If he actually thought that, I'd have to ask him to account for the fact that I'm a liberal libertarian. :)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mykcob4

Quit lying about what I believe and you can keep your condescending bullshit also. Why don't YOU grow up!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quit lying about what I believe and you can keep your condescending bullshit also. Why don't YOU grow up!
Do you tell your teachers that when they correct you in class?  Seriously.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

The Skeletal Atheist

When he touched upon alternative power I was disappointed that he didn't mention nuclear. Is the anti nuclear movement really powerful enough here that building new reactors isn't an option? We have much safer, more efficient designs now, we just need to build the damn things.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Do you tell your teachers that when they correct you in class?  Seriously.
Another attempt at being a condescending asshole, and hey you succeeded!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Do you tell your teachers that when they correct you in class?  Seriously.
Another attempt at being a condescending asshole, and hey you succeeded!
Someone is mad that I'm returning to him the treatment he gives to others.