News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

State of the Union

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 28, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

It's on in an hour or so,  but rubes are publicizing not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 "responses" staring their crazies. This ought to be a hoot.  :popcorn:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"It's on in an hour or so,  but rubes are publicizing not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 "responses" staring their crazies. This ought to be a hoot.  :popcorn:
I don't remember when they started having responses.
The State of the Union was and is a report from the Executive Branch to the Legislative Branch about how the year has gone and to suggest legislation that would improve things, but now it has become this crazy political thing where by conservaturds deny reality right after the president has told it.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a"media" event and campaigning on the public nickel which on the face of it sounds like a democratic idea,  but dig down a bit and it's grandstanding at best.

aitm

yeah, its actually required, I believe, to give your speech to the opposition a day early so they can hammer out their response.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

mykcob4

Quote from: "aitm"yeah, its actually required, I believe, to give your speech to the opposition a day early so they can hammer out their response.
I can't remember the president that actually went to Congress to give the address but it was first sent as a letter to both houses. I actually believe it was Hoover who was late with the letter and decided to just appear in person to deliver the address. Okay I found the history of the State of the Union.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/sou.php

hillbillyatheist

like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Shol'va

AllPurposeAtheist

Well,  anyway...soon as they stop clapping and attempting to look like badasses...

AllPurposeAtheist

He's poking em in the eye a bit.. That's good.  =D>

AllPurposeAtheist

Well...ok speech or so so or less than? What do you think?

hillbillyatheist

I liked it. if only the repukes weren't such shitasses and would let obama's agenda come to past, making us better off.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

The rube response sucked.. Now yall pray now, hear? [-X

Shiranu

As much as I love politics, I don't bother watching these. I'll let professionals pull out the highlights for me...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mykcob4

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"The rube response sucked.. Now yall pray now, hear? [-X
Yeah I thought that was funny. The republican plan is end government and pray for a better life.

AllPurposeAtheist

Replace health care with prayer.  :-k If I'm not mistaken that was tried in the dark ages.