News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Exercising w/ The woman

Started by wolf39us, January 26, 2014, 09:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Not arguing, just repeating what the Cardiologist said. Biking is definitely easier on me, for sure. Depends on how far and how much, like anything else. I typically ride about 10-15 miles, but that is over a very hilly trail with a lot of ups and downs, so I get a pretty good burn. What I want to do is ride this trail they have near Ogden that runs along the Weber River, and goes all the way from South Ogden to the mouth of Ogden canyon, about 20 miles. Some of the up grades are killer. Not ready for that right now.

Mermaid

I miss running so damn much. But I can't anymore, I have completely destroyed my knees so I can barely walk anymore.
I do love cycling, it's great exercise and I love it for similar reasons I love running--I can see the world. But I am to afraid of aggressive drivers to do it on the road anymore.  :(
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

This past few months I've left my cane at home when I go out,  but it's been a long slog to get this far. Last year at this time I could barely make it 2 blocks with my cane. Now that there's snow on the ground everywhere it's like walking on sand,  but I still slog along in it.
The last time I rode a bike my legs gave out completely and the concrete didn't even say sorry.My uupper body is jelly so I should exercise it beyond getting dressed. The feeling of just getting around without the damned cane is a lot more than I expected a year ago. I fully expected to be using a wheelchair.
I was at big nasty (Walmart) yesterday looking at exercise bands and almost bought some. They're a hell of a lot lighter to carry home on the bus than 100 pounds of iron and a big steel bar.  :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

Why do you walk with a cane? Do you have arthritis?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

I walk with a cane sometimes because of Sciatica, which is basically nerve pain in the buttocks and down the legs. I ride a stationary bike in the winter, and it doesn't bother me. but in the morning sometimes it takes some limbering up to get going.

aitm

Quote from: "stromboli"I walk with a cane sometimes because of Sciatica, which is basically nerve pain in the buttocks and down the legs. I ride a stationary bike in the winter, and it doesn't bother me. but in the morning sometimes it takes some limbering up to get going.

theres a cure for that, but it involves skeletal atheist and a but...... :rollin:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Mermaid"Why do you walk with a cane? Do you have arthritis?
Partly arthritis,  sciatica and some strange ailment that turned my legs into sticks..

hrdlr110

Quote from: "Jack89"I like to bike as well, but it does take some time.  I recommend simple bodyweight circuit training 3 times a week at the house, for about 15-20 minutes a pop.  I found this to be the best way to lose weight and keep it off.  And since it take virtually no time, I can't blow it off as easy.  It also works the upper body which often gets ignored.

Bike ride on your days off if you have time and lose even more weight.

this^ strength training is the true path to lasting weight loss. Combining with cardio can make it more effective, but only strength training will change your resting metabolic rate.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

SilentFutility

Quote from: "stromboli"My son- the Army guy- does a Muay Thai workout that is very effective. I might look into that.
That, or any other martial art like boxing etc. done properly is an excellent way to stay fit.

Naru

Stop eating Burger King when you go on lunch at work and maybe you wont break your scale.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Naru on March 24, 2014, 10:12:13 PM
Stop eating Burger King when you go on lunch at work and maybe you wont break your scale.
Can confirm, broke scale once.

By kicking it due to it saying "230 pounds."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

curiouscrab

In Track I run behind the ladies on purpose (I'm not slow, fastest on the team actually).  :dance: Sort of looks like this ---> :axe: :wtff:
Romans - 1
Jesus - 0
:vegetasmiley:
Just :hand: and :think: for a moment about your life. :doh: when you realize you believed in something and found out it wasn't true :liar: :wall: (aka :new_xmas:). Now repeat while thinking about what you may currently believe in. :fU:

AllPurposeAtheist

This is the first winter of my life when I've actually put weight on and I suspect you all had a hand in it. I saw myself naked in a mirror recently for the first time in a long time and the nudity gods were not pleased. I've got this gut thing going on that disturbs me and with my shitty legs it may never disappear, but I did invest in the latex exercise bands and to my surprise I'm actually stronger than I thought, but don't see it making this new pregnancy look of mine going away anytime soon unless the weather warms up and I get out and torture my legs again like last year. The thing is when I drop weight I usually drop way to much. I don't want to go from my distinguished portly look again to looking like a refugee from a nazi concentration camp like a few years ago.
Now about this guilt stuff.. I'm just picking shoe at random. It's your fault. :lol:

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: aitm on January 26, 2014, 09:26:26 PM
theres a cure for that, but it involves skeletal atheist and a but...... <!-- s:rollin: -->:rollin:<!-- s:rollin: -->
I seem to have become the proverbial boogieman for the straight guys on the forum.

I am become gay, destroyer of buttholes.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

aitm

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 24, 2014, 10:14:12 PM
Can confirm, broke scale once.

By kicking it due to it saying "230 pounds."
Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 26, 2014, 10:19:24 PM
I seem to have become the proverbial boogieman for the straight guys on the forum.

I am become gay, destroyer of buttholes.
I apologize for that. You know I love you, you rascally imp you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust