Persobnal experience with the Obamacare site

Started by zarus tathra, January 25, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "mykcob4"I didn't have any problems at all. BTW the overall success rate is high given the obstruction by the repubs!

Those darn republican website editors screwing up the html.

:lol:
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

frosty

Quote from: "zarus tathra"And what do people do when they cooperate? Oh yeah, they work. When everyone "cooperates" but a significant segment of the population (>15-20%) doesn't do any work, then we call that parasitism/slavery.

You have to take into account varying factors, like mental, physical disabilities, ailments, difficulties finding a job, and so forth. Not everybody who isn't able to work is going to get up and run to find a job just because you complain about it on the Internet. Modern circumstances in modern society dictate that these people must be taken care of, to a limited degree. They are here, and we must deal with them. The conservative utopia paradise of everyone working and being happy and healthy rocks, it sounds awesome... until reality sets in. Then everything's not so awesome.

QuoteSo, disagreement with liberal nanny-state attitudes at the national level doesn't necessarily mean that their opponents are against working together.

I disagree with the nanny state too, but like I said above certain factors festering over time have created this mess. And now it must be dealt with maturely. You cannot just say to these people, with all their problems, "Alright you bums, get out there and WORK!!".... it won't happen. They will probably just revolt and refuse to do it anyway, creating awful social strife. The suppression of mental and physical and personal issues, and the WORK WORK WORK of the previous generations are what partially committed to this situation we are now talking about too.

zarus tathra

?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

frosty

Quote from: "zarus tathra"How the fuck can 53 million people have disability in the US?

You have to take into account the overall population. And I'm not denying that some people are going to abuse the system for a free ride - but that is the same with almost anything else. Hence the reason why crime exists and why people steal, or even why Internet piracy has thrived for so long.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "zarus tathra"How the fuck can 53 million people have disability in the US?
Would you like me to tell you how many people I get in my store's parking lot whose reason for having handicapped parking is being a big fat fuck? I don't mean the person is a little chubby -I'm a little chubby- I mean that they're a big fat fuck.

My uncle on my dad's side, who has heart problems that keep him from doing much more than biking for exercise, still manages to not be that heavy. My grandfather who has diabetes isn't even close to being that heavy. Sometimes fate and genetics deals you a bad hand, and you're just stuck being at or around 300 pounds, fine, that's understandable. But there is no excuse for being a big fat fuck, and you definitely shouldn't be put on disability for being one! :evil:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

frosty

Metaphorically speaking, the beast of hate is like a creature with many heads - strike off one, then other, then the other, and one after one they all grow back, albeit in a different form, all taking the same purpose as always - hate.