Persobnal experience with the Obamacare site

Started by zarus tathra, January 25, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

I see now why the conservatives don't want the Feds doing anything. I actually had a problem logging into the site that I've never had with any other site. Like, I hit the "log in" button and the page didn't budge at all. When I hit "Are you having trouble logging in?" it told me to "turn off my browser and try again." It worked, but the fact that it worked somehow makes the whole situation worse. On all the forums and online stores I've been to, I've never had to deal with something like this, you basically have to go out of your way to fail this horribly. I mean, seriously, forums are sites people run FOR FREE that the technical people spend maybe 15 minutes a day on. How can the feds make something this bad with the budgets they've been given?

If they can fail at something this simple, then how can they be trusted to run national healthcare, or welfare?
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Hijiri Byakuren

You should never count on a website produced by the government to work properly. This is why stuff like that is normally contracted out. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mykcob4

I didn't have any problems at all. BTW the overall success rate is high given the obstruction by the repubs!

Shiranu

The site was a flop, even most democrats admit that...

As for the policy, I think it's kinda fucked up that people like me fall in the category of, "You're too poor to get health insurance, but too rich to get help for buying health insurance... so we are going to fine you!".

Not a fan. Even Republicans are coming out in favour of single payer.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

It'll be debugged over and over. In 30 years the ACA will be the next 3rd rail nobody will touch politically and if dems try to improve it fleabaggers will carry signs saying KEEP GUBERNENT OUTER MY OBAMACARE!   #-o  =D>  :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

zarus tathra

If they can fumble something as easy as this, how can anyone trust them to do single payer? That's a ginormous project in and of itself, much, MUCH bigger than what they're trying now.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Shiranu

Quote from: "zarus tathra"If they can fumble something as easy as this, how can anyone trust them to do single payer?

Your right. We should also give up them inspecting our food and water supplies because that requires far much more coordination and resources. Or building public transportation. Or providing emergency services. Or...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

zarus tathra

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "zarus tathra"If they can fumble something as easy as this, how can anyone trust them to do single payer?

Your right. We should also give up them inspecting our food and water supplies because that requires far much more coordination and resources. Or building public transportation. Or providing emergency services. Or...

Single payer is an order of magnitude bigger than any of those things.

AllPurposeAtheist

Like launching a space shuttle or waging a war..

zarus tathra

Their weapons all come from private suppliers, and they overpay egregiously for the simplest of items.

NASA's good, but again, that's orders of magnitude smaller than a national health service.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh good then Zarus.. Turn it all over to the market and Koch Industries. I'm sure they'd be real cost effective.  :roll:

zarus tathra

Koch Industries is actually really good at what it does.

barbarian

Quote from: "zarus tathra"I see now why the conservatives don't want the Feds doing anything. I actually had a problem logging into the site that I've never had with any other site. Like, I hit the "log in" button and the page didn't budge at all. When I hit "Are you having trouble logging in?" it told me to "turn off my browser and try again." It worked, but the fact that it worked somehow makes the whole situation worse. On all the forums and online stores I've been to, I've never had to deal with something like this, you basically have to go out of your way to fail this horribly. I mean, seriously, forums are sites people run FOR FREE that the technical people spend maybe 15 minutes a day on. How can the feds make something this bad with the budgets they've been given?

If they can fail at something this simple, then how can they be trusted to run national healthcare, or welfare?

You and your right wing-winged propaganda machine strikes again,  :rollin:

I guess I wasn't trying to free load the system as I held health insurance for decades, plural. I never got a cancellation notice nor did my premiums go up other than the yearly kick in the ass they have had giving me over each years adjustments, again the past decades. You know what though, the past 2 years they have barley gone up at all. I guess maybe you should have been buying health insurance too and I know you haven't because you are trying to jump the train now complaining how some government site doesn't work for you. It's always harder to get things after you evade paying for something that was only common sense to have the whole time. Belly up it is time to pay up and join the rest of the people that have taken their self responsibility for years, I am sorry to hear that it took a government push to see that for so many.   [-X

I actually think that Newt Gringrich and the Heritage Foundation's plan would have had been better with the public option in it, you know like the plan Willard "Mittens" Romney implemented in Massachusetts. Oh well, it will be something for the republicans to hash over for the next few decades as they try to fix something they created by not listening to their own parties idea of what mandated health care should look like from back in the 1990's.

PS: I went to see my doctor that I had for years just last week for a check up, The doctor I got to keep as promised...

barbarian

Quote from: "zarus tathra"Koch Industries is actually really good at what it does.

Yes they are, NOVA has some really good programs sponsored by them on PBS. Just which they would pay more income taxes instead of doing self taxation, though I have to say PBS programming isn't that bad of one to give to.  =D>

zarus tathra

They sponsored a massive dinosaur hall for the Smithsonian Institute. If there's one thing that museum-goers love, it's dinosaurs.

Which reminds me. Liberals never talk about anything that's constructive. It's always "don't do this, you over there, you give money to those other people." I mean, one of the main criticisms of Wall Street is that it never creates anything. All it does is take resources from some people and give them to other people. The liberals are basically the same way.