Why does the left wing have so many personality cults?

Started by zarus tathra, January 23, 2014, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhilly

Sarah Palin for the repubs and Ron Paul for the libertarians.  Those lefties aren't the only ones who have personality cults.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Don't start. Everyone I posted is definitely leftist then and now.

In his day, Lincoln was certainly not a "leftist", nor TR.

Quote from: "mykcob4"I like how the right tries to hijack famous lefties and claim that they would be righties nowadays. It's a big lie, always has been and lie, always will be a lie. It's not history revisionism or anything of the kind.

You keep telling yourself that.

Quote from: "mykcob4"And the rah rah shit argument is old and inaccurate.

Sorry, but your Team Left! cheerleading, to the point that you would think that leftists are immune to conformism, is stupid.

For the record, I'm a centrist.  Of course, you'll call me a fascist for that admission.
Bullshit. Lincoln and TR were most definitely left.
I don't tell myself that. It is historical fact. Both fought the establishment conservative for progressive changes. I didn't and won't call you anything and stop calling me a cheerleader. If you can't handle the facts then sit back and learn something.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"Are Conspiracy followers and deniers personality cults?  :shock:  :-k  :-$  :P  :lol:  Solitary
The entire tea party...pretty much..yup! =D>
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "Solitary"Are Conspiracy followers and deniers personality cults?  :shock:  :-k  :-$  :P  :lol:  Solitary
The entire tea party...pretty much..yup! =D>
With St. Reagan as their figurehead.

(Reagan was a horrible president, but the righties worship him like he's lord gawd almighty.)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

zarus tathra

LBJ supported "civil rights," but he also escalated the Vietnam War. You win some, you lose some, right?
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.