News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

With debates gone MR can come back

Started by widdershins, February 14, 2013, 03:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I noticed MR hasn't been here in a while, pretty much ever since bennyboy started the one on one debate thread.  He has popped in a couple of times, but didn't have the time for debating other than to take a couple of sniper shots.  He apparently had to join a monastery or something to learn more about how right he was all along and in what ways he could defend his rightness.  Now that the debate thread with its single post is no longer threatening him with actually having to defend his claims maybe he'll be back.

I must say, I'm going to miss the debate between Jason and that 6 year old he was debating.  I found it boring at first, but once you got into it, it was kind of amusing.
This sentence is a lie...

Hakurei Reimu

:lol:  Of course, when he comes back, he can start off by answering my last post.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu":lol:  Of course, when he comes back, he can start off by answering my last post.

Don't count on it, heh.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Gyroid

Maybe he thinks the site was shut down because he was too right to handle!  :o

Or maybe not... :roll:

widdershins

Maybe it was shut down because he prayed to Allah for it.  Maybe it was a miracle.  Wait, how long was it down?  Tell me the forum died and rose again in 3 days!  Please, someone tell me that now!!!
This sentence is a lie...

Hakurei Reimu

^ Then Allah decided MR was being a little bitch and restored us.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

leo

Mr was funny . His arguments were destroyed millions of times and he don't want to listen .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

mendacium remedium

Hey guys, it feels great to be back.

I have had a lot of things to do in real life, and that required almost all of my effort. I have seen the final posts on the Archive, i will be responding to recent arguments, as well as drafting and re-thinking one or two of my ideas.
"Let there be no compulsion in religion, for truth is clear from error" - Quran
Apostasy Islam]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oKXh2oy8E[/url]

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world\'s most influential persons may surprise some readers ... but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."
? Michael H. Hart]

[size=150]"The cure for ignorance is to question" -Muhammed(pbuh)[/size]

Jason78

Quote from: "widdershins"I must say, I'm going to miss the debate between Jason and that 6 year old he was debating.

Me too :) It's like trying to convince a child that the world doesn't disappear when you close your eyes.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

NonXNonExX

Actually, my world does disappear every night when i close my eyes. Is that enough evidence that snakes and donkeys can talk?
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.
Timothy Dalrymple, Xtian blogger

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.

Plu

Oh my. He's back. I wonder if he's learned anything in his recent bout of exams.

GurrenLagann

I don't think my objections (among many others) were adequately- or in the case of some, at all- answered. Which is why the suggestion for a 1 vs 1 debate came up, so MR couldn't use that as an excuse any further, and the arguments would be easier to follow.

But alas, he disappeared seemingly the moment Bennyboy set it up, and never seemed to come around to acknowledging that thread. Coincidence? I can't help but doubt that.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Jason78

Quote from: "NonXNonExX"Actually, my world does disappear every night when i close my eyes. Is that enough evidence that snakes and donkeys can talk?

Your world might.

The world doesn't.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: "mendacium remedium"Hey guys, it feels great to be back.

I have had a lot of things to do in real life, and that required almost all of my effort. I have seen the final posts on the Archive, i will be responding to recent arguments, as well as drafting and re-thinking one or two of my ideas.
So, expect yet another long, meandering OP?   :-k

A few tips:

*  KISS
*  One subject at a time
*  Answer objections (anticipate them if possible)

stromboli

Oh yeah, he needs to come back. there is never enough bombastic pomposity to go around.