Trusting only physicists/mathematicians

Started by zarus tathra, January 22, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

QuoteI'm not saying that scientists are "good" people. I'm saying that scientists generally don't use terms if they don't have fairly precise, hardened definitions for them. You seem to have no idea how rare and invaluable this is in politics.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Solitary

Lets see---Who are those in power? The rich! The Church and churches bring people together, Hitler brought people together, and Bush and his cronies brought people together, the military brings people together, all based on lies and faulty logic and self serving agendas.  Like Nietzsche said: "In individuals insanity is rare, in groups it is the norm." Politicians are mostly lawyers that argue to win, not to find the truth. "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Sometimes generalize statements are true for the most part. Diogenes is still looking for an honest man with his lantern.   :shock:  :wink: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

Quoteall based on lies and faulty logic and self serving agendas

You forgot to mention bribes and the prospect of being able to kill people without any fear of repercussions. That last part is why zombie and superhero movies are popular, by the way.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Insult to Rocks

Gandhi and King also brought people together. I can reference historical figures too. Politicians are all people, with their own agendas and desires. Generalizing them is illogical and ridiculous.
Also, there have been plenty of political leaders who have been fairly poor or unsuccessful in their financial lives. Lincoln, and his vice president Andrew Johnson, are both examples of poor people who became politicians. They were also almost polar opposites when it came to the morality of racism, which shows that immorality and selfishness is not specific to the rich.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

zarus tathra

QuoteLincoln

Lincoln was actually a really high-paid corporate lawyer for a large railroad company.

Solitary

Let's see: Jesus? And Gandhi and King got themselves and a lot of their followers killed too based on lies and their agenda. Were Gandhi and King lawyers?  :roll:  What's your point? Most people in power are rich not poor. There are acceptations to every rule, that doesn't mean generalizing is always illogical or ridiculous.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

QuoteWere Gandhi and King lawyers?

Ummm Gandhi actually was one.

As a side note, when I was working at State Farm, there were two pictures juxtaposed next to each other. One was of MLK giving his speech with a wide-view that showed the thousands camped out on the grass, the other was of 4 white children working on a car engine. At first I was like "cool" but then I realized in that instant that those kids were accomplishing more by looking over the car engine than all those people on the lawn were by taking part in a "historic moment."

Shiranu

QuoteAt first I was like "cool" but then I realized in that instant that those kids were accomplishing more by looking over the car engine than all those people on the lawn were by taking part in a "historic moment."

10/10, would get trolled again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

zarus tathra