What Don't You Believe In?

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, January 22, 2014, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: "darsenfeld"
Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"Er..well:

- Religion and/or God
- Liberal democracy (though I like voting in elections and believe in equal rights)
-

Does this mean you believe in a conservative government in which the supreme power is held by the people represented by a Conservative administration that has worked so good in the past?  Equal rights for who? :roll:  Solitary

er.. US conservatives are mentally ill...   And?  Are you one of them?

WTF! I was being sarcastic to your Liberal Democracy doesn't work. I'm starting to think you are a troll. Where's Eve the best troll we ever had?  :rolleyes:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

darsenfeld

It does work?  Kindly state how?
consistency is for dopes....

Solitary

Since you asked: A liberal democracy is a form of representative democracy with free and fair form of elections procedure and competitive political process. The most interesting feature of liberal democracy is that all adult citizens is given the right to vote regardless of race, gender or property ownership. A liberal democracy may take various constitutional forms such as constitutional republic, or federal republic, or constitutional monarchy, or presidential system, or parliamentary system, or a hybrid semi-presidential system.

For example, the countries such as United States, India, Germany or Brazil takes the form of a constitutional republic or sometimes the form of a federal republic. The countries such as United Kingdom, Japan, Canada or Spain take the form of a constitutional monarchy. A liberal democracy is also called as a bourgeois democracy or constitutional democracy.

All of this is to say that the democratic experiments represented by nations like the U.S. and others don't necessarily serve as true examples of democracies. Those that do are still too young to act as any real proof of whether a true democracy works. But what about theoretically?

Today liberal democracy can be found in almost all advanced capitalist societies and now extends, in one form or another, into parts of the former communist world and the developing world. An important question to ask in the light of this, is what is liberal democracy?

Liberal democracy is a form of representative and indirect democracy that operates through elections that in theory should allow all individuals within a sovereign nation state the right to choose who is to rule on their behalf. Liberal democracy came into existence with the emergence of the liberal state as well as law and order.

Its basis was upon the principle of limited government with checks and balances to ensure that individuals were protected from the state, such as an independent judiciary...

This is why it works in a true "liberal" democracy, and not in a "conservative" democracy.  :roll:

The Republicans have forced sequestration on the country with their refusal to negotiate with President Obama or the Democrats. They know it will be devastating to the country, (their words not mine), and yet they did it anyway.

The Democrats had a bill in the Senate to end sequestration, which got 51 votes, but the Republicans filibustered it so it went nowhere. It would have been killed in the House anyway; just like almost every other bill that has passed the Senate.

President Obama put forth a proposal as well. A proposal that the Republicans fail to even acknowledge.

So it isn't just the House Republicans; it is the Senate Republicans; pretty much the entire party.

The Republicans are attempting to bring the country down piece by piece. Their hatred for the president overshadows their love of country. They want Obama and his administration to fail so badly, they are willing to bring down the country to do it.

The spending cuts in the sequester are going to damage our economy and the Defense Department. The Republicans know this and freely admit it. They are purposely causing this damage.

With these manufactured crises every couple of months, (debt ceiling, government shutdown, fiscal cliff etc.), the Republicans have effectively shut down the federal government. People around the world are seeing that a minority can hold the entire country hostage and stop democracy in its tracks.

We hold ourselves up as a model for the rest of the world. We promote ourselves as the best style of government. We attempt to "spread democracy" – as the Republicans call it – all around the world. Governments around the world can now say to their citizens: "See? Democracy doesn't work."

This damages our reputation, our standing in the world and the idea of democracy itself. This damage makes a little weaker on the world's stage. That in turn damages our national security and makes us less safe.

The weakening of America on the world's stage is also going to hinder our diplomats' ability to negotiate with other countries. This is damaging to our foreign policy.

We have a political party that has effectively turned our country into a one-party government. If the Republicans don't get exactly what they want, they will simply shut the government down like they have before.

The Republican Party is damaging our economy, defense, national security, foreign policy, and the very idea of democracy. How long are they going to be allowed to go on this way before we – the American people – rise up and tell them to stop?

Hopefully all of this damage won't be permanent.
 Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

aitm

I don't believe in playtypus, kangaroos, ice cream or tacos since they ain't in the babble.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Moriarty

<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

HomophobicAtheist

1-Religion.
2-A liberal with common sense.
3-Homosexuality being something you're born with.
4-Magic.
5-Conspiracy theories.
6-Karma.
7-Physic mediums.
8-Intuition.
9- Astrology.

Moriarty

Quote from: "HomophobicAtheist"1-Religion.
2-A liberal with common sense.
3-Homosexuality being something you're born with.
4-Magic.
5-Conspiracy theories.
6-Karma.
7-Physic mediums.
8-Intuition.
9- Astrology.

You went four over the limit, you are disqualified~
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Solitary"Since you asked: A liberal democracy is a form of representative democracy with free and fair form of elections procedure and competitive political process. The most interesting feature of liberal democracy is that all adult citizens is given the right to vote regardless of race, gender or property ownership. A liberal democracy may take various constitutional forms such as constitutional republic, or federal republic, or constitutional monarchy, or presidential system, or parliamentary system, or a hybrid semi-presidential system.

For example, the countries such as United States, India, Germany or Brazil takes the form of a constitutional republic or sometimes the form of a federal republic. The countries such as United Kingdom, Japan, Canada or Spain take the form of a constitutional monarchy. A liberal democracy is also called as a bourgeois democracy or constitutional democracy.

All of this is to say that the democratic experiments represented by nations like the U.S. and others don't necessarily serve as true examples of democracies. Those that do are still too young to act as any real proof of whether a true democracy works. But what about theoretically?

Today liberal democracy can be found in almost all advanced capitalist societies and now extends, in one form or another, into parts of the former communist world and the developing world. An important question to ask in the light of this, is what is liberal democracy?

Liberal democracy is a form of representative and indirect democracy that operates through elections that in theory should allow all individuals within a sovereign nation state the right to choose who is to rule on their behalf. Liberal democracy came into existence with the emergence of the liberal state as well as law and order.

Its basis was upon the principle of limited government with checks and balances to ensure that individuals were protected from the state, such as an independent judiciary...

This is why it works in a true "liberal" democracy, and not in a "conservative" democracy.  :roll:

The Republicans have forced sequestration on the country with their refusal to negotiate with President Obama or the Democrats. They know it will be devastating to the country, (their words not mine), and yet they did it anyway.

The Democrats had a bill in the Senate to end sequestration, which got 51 votes, but the Republicans filibustered it so it went nowhere. It would have been killed in the House anyway; just like almost every other bill that has passed the Senate.

President Obama put forth a proposal as well. A proposal that the Republicans fail to even acknowledge.

So it isn't just the House Republicans; it is the Senate Republicans; pretty much the entire party.

The Republicans are attempting to bring the country down piece by piece. Their hatred for the president overshadows their love of country. They want Obama and his administration to fail so badly, they are willing to bring down the country to do it.

The spending cuts in the sequester are going to damage our economy and the Defense Department. The Republicans know this and freely admit it. They are purposely causing this damage.

With these manufactured crises every couple of months, (debt ceiling, government shutdown, fiscal cliff etc.), the Republicans have effectively shut down the federal government. People around the world are seeing that a minority can hold the entire country hostage and stop democracy in its tracks.

We hold ourselves up as a model for the rest of the world. We promote ourselves as the best style of government. We attempt to "spread democracy" – as the Republicans call it – all around the world. Governments around the world can now say to their citizens: "See? Democracy doesn't work."

This damages our reputation, our standing in the world and the idea of democracy itself. This damage makes a little weaker on the world's stage. That in turn damages our national security and makes us less safe.

The weakening of America on the world's stage is also going to hinder our diplomats' ability to negotiate with other countries. This is damaging to our foreign policy.

We have a political party that has effectively turned our country into a one-party government. If the Republicans don't get exactly what they want, they will simply shut the government down like they have before.

The Republican Party is damaging our economy, defense, national security, foreign policy, and the very idea of democracy. How long are they going to be allowed to go on this way before we – the American people – rise up and tell them to stop?

Hopefully all of this damage won't be permanent.
 Solitary

er.. it's for dopes.

though I like the freedom it brings.
consistency is for dopes....

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Moriarty"1. Humanity
Fuck. I was going to say that  :rollin:

Other than that, I don't believe in love. I never have. I never will.

[youtube:2idgbfug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3g6tTYoxM[/youtube:2idgbfug]

Edit: antithesis took that too... I cant win today  :rollin:

Moriarty

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "Moriarty"1. Humanity
Fuck. I was going to say that  :rollin:

Other than that, I don't believe in love. I never have. I never will.

[youtube:5xi5730m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3g6tTYoxM[/youtube:5xi5730m]

Edit: antithesis took that too... I cant win today  :rollin:

You will believe in love someday. Going to sound completely feminine here but fuck it. That first look into your first child's eyes, you understand love.  Other than that it's mostly bullshit.
<Insert witty remark>

PickelledEggs

Honestly, Mor. I just wanted to quote the song. I don't actually feel that way  :lol:

Moriarty

<Insert witty remark>