Why The American Revolution Is Not A Model For Gun Ownership

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 19, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "mykcob4"I have come across this many times in my life. I contend that no one needs a gun or should actually have a gun.

Would you extend that prohibition to the police?  Why not?

Oh, and sorry about the PTSD that makes you hate guns.  I sympathize, PTSD sucks.
What PTSD doesn't make me hate guns. What a stupid thing to say. You do nothing but lob personal insults at me. I'm tired of your attitude and misinformation directed at me continually. You always try to spin something I said by adding a complete lie and then commenting on the lie that YOU made up. It's a FOX tactic and it's childish.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "mykcob4"I have come across this many times in my life. I contend that no one needs a gun or should actually have a gun.

Would you extend that prohibition to the police?  Why not?

Oh, and sorry about the PTSD that makes you hate guns.  I sympathize, PTSD sucks.
What PTSD doesn't make me hate guns. What a stupid thing to say. You do nothing but lob personal insults at me. I'm tired of your attitude and misinformation directed at me continually. You always try to spin something I said by adding a complete lie and then commenting on the lie that YOU made up. It's a FOX tactic and it's childish.

I notice you didn't answer the question.  Would you extend that prohibition to the police?  If nobody needs guns, why not?  Ignore the question and discuss a tangent, typical Fox news tactic.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Police qualify under 'well regulated militia' Jason. You're blowing smoke up asses.  :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I live twenty miles from the nearest police station, which at 3 AM has one cop on duty covering how many miles? I had a prowler out on the property last week, and was happy that a loud voice was all it took ... this time.

I want  a shotgun, because when shit happens, I don't want it to rain on me.

I should have the right to defend myself and my property if the government cannot or will not do so.  And truth be told, I'll defend myself anyway and take my chances in court. 'Tis better to ask forgiveness than permission, etc etc.

A bazooka will work better. He! He!  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"I notice you didn't answer the question.  Would you extend that prohibition to the police?  If nobody needs guns, why not?  Ignore the question and discuss a tangent, typical Fox news tactic.

There's actually a few countries that managed to get to the point where even the police no longer carry guns. Like the United Kingdom. It can be done.

Solitary

Quote from: "barbarian"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Hunting-unnecessary and more costly than just buying food.
This is where I say maybe because of how you are and how you know how to live, but that ain't me.

Last fall for less than 50 bucks I filled a medium sized freezer with deer meat. Why because it is healthy for you to eat it as it has zero cholesterol. Just because you can not do this go buy your meat, but it is an actual essential part of my life and diet. I also go pheasant and grouse hunting, not big on ducks. I do turkey hunt 2x a year again for he food it provides and I know that I am filling my freezer with food that I processed not some meat locker. I also do other small game hunting and wish I could hunt more than I do year round as it does give me a supply of food cheaper than buying some cholesterol filled ground chuck from old retired milker cow from wal-mart. I also fish quite a bit for my food.

i guess you just don't get it and think because america allows people to own guns that they are all city dwellers that don't need them. You know what if you don't want to own a gun then fucking don't. But don't fucking say shit like this when you are obvious just regurgitating some propaganda. Fuck That! :evil:

PS: I buy my pork when the pig is alive and after I shoot the pig between the eyes I quickly cut the throat before it dies so it bleeds out leaving the pork very white. How do you buy your pork, from hormel? Maybe learn some actual life skill and then post crap like this.

"Why because it is healthy for you to eat it as it has zero cholesterol" Really?  [-X  Solitary

barbarian

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I'm not anti gun, far from it, but living in cities most of my life every single day without fail the local news reports on murders occuring, usually multiple murders, many involving kids and innocent bystanders.  If you think you HAVE to hunt to eat in the city you're clearly delusional.
The purpose of the article wasn't over whether you like deer meat or it's health benefits,  it's about the batshit crazy notion that you're going to 'defend' your family from big, bad gubnit when clearly big bad gubnit isn't out rounding up people for execution and overthrow of our  government is clearly illegal. The fact that every city has an armed police force and we have well armed, regulated military forces should tell any sane person the bullshit claims are just that, an excuse to sell weaponry where it's not needed and a clear threat to the public peace and well being and health.

These is no no military personnel or police officers that suffer from PSTD, your right, good point. I didn't say that the law enforcement shouldn't have an arsenal. I said that they should be held by the department not over ride laws of the common folk so that a law enforcement personal can own them for their very own.

You don't hear of car accidents from dui and distracted drivers at the same level of what the media reports murders another good point which means they must not happen all that much. I must be out of touch with life because I know more people personally  that die from alcohol and distracted driving related accidents than murdered or shot.

I am not to sure that if we had just declared independence on another nation today that they wouldn't exclude gun ownership from a constitution even into today's world. I think it is funny how the musket gets brought up as what it was like at that time as if it would be equal power to any attacking force. Most people did at that time use guns no better than hunting rifles. Again, I just don't think that it would have held to reason to have written out gun ownership in the constitution.

This is why the conversation over gun rights gets bent and ignored, people want to hear real conversation of something that is comprehensive and not all in on one side or the other. I say if they can not speak of this issue in a true light of sanity that noting will really change, which is good. Because when it comes down to what the constitution says it should be a tough argument to have it changed. Bat shit crazy and big gubnit comments are hardly what I would call a conversation for change of a constitution written right. If your city is having big problems than they can address issues of what you are complaining about just as they did in large cities for decades, at a local level.

barbarian

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "barbarian"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Hunting-unnecessary and more costly than just buying food.
This is where I say maybe because of how you are and how you know how to live, but that ain't me.

Last fall for less than 50 bucks I filled a medium sized freezer with deer meat. Why because it is healthy for you to eat it as it has zero cholesterol. Just because you can not do this go buy your meat, but it is an actual essential part of my life and diet. I also go pheasant and grouse hunting, not big on ducks. I do turkey hunt 2x a year again for he food it provides and I know that I am filling my freezer with food that I processed not some meat locker. I also do other small game hunting and wish I could hunt more than I do year round as it does give me a supply of food cheaper than buying some cholesterol filled ground chuck from old retired milker cow from wal-mart. I also fish quite a bit for my food.

i guess you just don't get it and think because america allows people to own guns that they are all city dwellers that don't need them. You know what if you don't want to own a gun then fucking don't. But don't fucking say shit like this when you are obvious just regurgitating some propaganda. Fuck That! :evil:

PS: I buy my pork when the pig is alive and after I shoot the pig between the eyes I quickly cut the throat before it dies so it bleeds out leaving the pork very white. How do you buy your pork, from hormel? Maybe learn some actual life skill and then post crap like this.

"Why because it is healthy for you to eat it as it has zero cholesterol" Really?  [-X  Solitary

Already been pounced on and corrected, sorry for your late response.

barbarian

Quote from: "Jmpty"I love it when people bring up cars as a defense of gun ownership. You need a license to drive a car, which you need to pass a test to obtain. The car itself needs a license, Which has to be renewed every year. You also need insurance to drive a car. Shouldn't gun ownership have to meet at least these standards?

I do have insurance, both on my vehicles and my guns. You do need a license to carry that you need to pass a test to obtained and has to be renewed, already in my state. You do have to pass background checks to obtain firearms already.  I also took a firearm safety coarse way back before I hunted, I also took a written permit test and a behind the wheel test before I could drive.I am not sure how much more I need to do to satisfy you to have a constitutional right. Driving is a privilege just as gun ownership but driving isn't something the constitution gave you the privileged to do, again it should be difficult to reinterpret the constitution and change what is within.

My point as far as cars is that I don't see people driving down the road swinging around a loaded gun, but I do see people being distracted every time I go into any populated area with cell phones in the hands while they are driving. I know people that leave bars drunk and drive home like something that is socially acceptable. The notion that insurance saves lives is weird to me also, not sure what standard you refer to when stating this.

Solitary

Are we really safer with everyone having a hand gun and running amuck?  Of course one is safer having a hand gun or weapon if they have time to get their gun, but how many times would one have time to even get even their concealed gun or weapon if a person just decides to shoot them? The police have guns handy, do they get shot and killed? How many shootings are by non-criminals until they shoot their gun? Are all the accidental shootings to be ignored? I have had a knife pulled on me twice in my life and survived to fight another day, and a gun put to my head once where I cowered into a fetal position hoping he didn't pull the trigger.

How many hunters here that find it easy to shoot an animal has ever faced a human with a gun. Believe me, it is a whole different matter. I have PTSD also, what in the hell does that have to do with thinking we don't like guns for that reason. And even if it is, we know what it's like to confront a human with a weapon or gun and kill another human with a gun and know what it's like, and not that easy as shooting a defenseless animal. I have a 45 caliber Para Ordinance loaded with blue tip glazers, but I hope I never ever have to actually use it and don't think I ever will where I live. If people don't think there is a problem with guns in the inner cities and it is out of hand they are delusional.  

It's true that more gun laws don't solve the problem, but what is the answer? More and more guns and weapons easier to get with no restrictions at all so more people need protections from people with guns? This is insane. Solitary

barbarian

Quote from: "Solitary"It's true that more gun laws don't solve the problem, but what is the answer? More and more guns and weapons easier to get with no restrictions at all so more people need protections from people with guns? This is insane. Solitary

This is actually the part of the gun control debate that gets muted and over ridden because the conversations always end up tilted so far to either side both sides stop...

AllPurposeAtheist

Barbarian, you and I are well aware that buying guns is about as easy as buying bread. It's not as if guns are so benign that children should be taking them to school or should have quick and easy access to them. I don't have a big problem with gun ownership, but it shouldn't be easier than getting a fishing license. Buying guns ought be a process that at least takes some effort and have limitations,  not some fucking free for all built on false assumtions of 'personal safety' and 'liberty' when we clearly have dedicated forces for those reasons. Should you be able to defend yourself? Absolutely,  but since when did that include battlefield weaponry?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: Jason_HarvestdancerForget it Jason. You're just baiting for a fight because you want cause to ban me. It's a game you play. You put words in people's mouths to piss them off, then if they get angry about it you ban them.

Jason Harvestdancer

So you won't tell me why the police aren't included in your gun ban?

And although I am a mod, I have given no indication of any intention to ban.  Where did you get that idea?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"So you won't tell me why the police aren't included in your gun ban?

And although I am a mod, I have given no indication of any intention to ban.  Where did you get that idea?
PMs from other people that had to deal with you.