Christie tripped over his fat gut then little dick?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 08, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Not missing the point. There are events which are news and are presented as such. And then there are events which are not news but are presented as news because it makes good headlines and that makes money. Everything Christie does makes good headlines. Very little of it is news. Convict him of something, prove he did something and you'll have news. Until then you have money making headlines, not news.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "Johan"Not missing the point. There are events which are news and are presented as such. And then there are events which are not news but are presented as news because it makes good headlines and that makes money. Everything Christie does makes good headlines. Very little of it is news. Convict him of something, prove he did something and you'll have news. Until then you have money making headlines, not news.
Are you kidding. Of course it is news. Because it is news now the media can dig into the meat and find what actually happened and why. Christie committed retaliation intimidation and political extortion. That is about as newsworthy as it gets.

AllPurposeAtheist

It still hasn't been proven,  but if it's proven Christie was involved it's certainly news and likely a death nail to rubes hopes of getting back in the WH in 16..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"It still hasn't been proven,  but if it's proven Christie was involved it's certainly news and likely a death nail to rubes hopes of getting back in the WH in 16..

A good number of people in his immediate circle knew about it, but he didn't. Either he is willfully ignorant or a master of deception. Somehow the former  is at odds with his public persona.

mykcob4

Today they are talking about impeachment on the news so it's news and its a big deal.

AllPurposeAtheist

Being the GOP is now run almost entirely from Roger Ailes office Christie has to glue his lips to Roger's decrepit rectum.  :-&

AllPurposeAtheist

The GW bridge fiasco might be the least of Christi's problems. The feds are investigating him for much more serious problems.  It's becoming a pattern.
QuoteFederal auditors are investigating whether $25 million in Sandy relief funds were improperly used for a marketing campaign, starring Gov. Chris Christie and his family, to promote tourism as he was gearing up for his 2013 re-election bid, according to U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone, D-N.J.

Pallone, a 27-year House veteran and vocal Christie critic, announced Friday that the inspector general of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, at his request, has conducted a preliminary review of the spending.

He said the IG concluded that there is enough evidence to launch a full-scale investigation into the state's use of federal funds, the Asbury Park Pressreported.

The probe will look into how Christie, a Republican, chose to spend the marketing money approved by the department.

CNN, which first reported the story, said the IG did not respond immediately to a query about the probe.

Pallone said the audit by the IG will take several months, and the findings will be issued in an official report.

The congressman said he was concerned about the bidding process for the firm that was awarded the marketing plan, which was aimed at luring tourists back to an area badly battered by Superstorm Sandy in October 2012.

"This was money that could have directly been used for Sandy recovery. And, as you know, many of my constituents still haven't gotten the money that is owed them to rebuild their homes or raise their homes or to help," Pallone said.The winning firm, Pallone told CNN, charged the state $4.7 million, about $2 million more than the next lowest bidder, whose proposal did not feature the Christie family.

To earlier criticism by Democrats that the ads gave Christie an unfair advantage in the leadup to the election, Christie aides said last summer that the winning bid provided more value.

In November, Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky also criticized the ads, asking HUD secretary Shaun Donovan at a committee hearing whether it was appropriate to permit the New Jersey state government to use federal relief dollars to fund the ad campaign.While Donovan declined to take a position, Paul weighed in with his own views, slamming people "running for office (who) put their mug all over these ads while they're in the middle of a political campaign."

"In New Jersey, $25 million was spent on ads that included somebody running for political office," Paul said. "I'm thinking there might be a conflict of interest there. That's a real problem. And that's why, when people are trying to do good and trying to use the taxpayer's money wisely, they're offended to see our money spent on political ads. That's just offensive."

Paul noted that New York state has aired similar tourism ads, but that state law barred state officials from appearing on-camera, The Washington Post reports. .

barbarian

I think he can clean this shit up by appearing on the the biggest loser.

To add when ever I hear "class action lawsuit" the movie The Jerk, One dollar and 29 cents.

Christie is a dipshit and when it comes down to it that turd that appeared from no where, what the fuck is that douche bags name again...  :-k well, I can't think of it now but he's from Texas and was the one reading some cat in the hat book thinking he was funny on the senate floor will be the nomination.  Republicans generally like nut jobs, let's re-cap the last presidential front runners of the Republican party... just kidding but I seen a re-run of SNL not that long ago with all those people appeared on there, wow was that funny. I think I laughed harder now then when it was first ran. Well in end I would say Christie has committed political suicide outside of NJ. I mean to me it is a whatever...

stromboli

Call me a cynic, but the man is not stupid. He has a lot of people around him to deal with shit, and I for one won't put his face on the target until there is more to do it with. He may have been stupid enough to authorize the Bridgegate thing or he may have been astute enough to distance himself sufficiently from it. I honestly think the campaign ad issue will fizzle entirely. The question to me comes down to his temper getting the best of him or his self preservation instincts doing their job. He isn't gone yet.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah..Christie is a skilled politician,  but he has enemies in both parties. I'm not sure dems have much on him, but the shitferbrains right wingers, especially flea baggers will cut their own party's throat just because they can.

josephpalazzo

More news:

- When the senate passed a bill to make all money received for Hurrican Sand recovery, Christie vetoed it.
- Hoboken was promised $100 million in aid for Hurricane Sandy. When the mayor, a Democrat, refused to endorse the governor, the city only got a pitance of $300,000.

As more and more is revealed about Christie, the more it looks like this guy is a slime.

hillbillyatheist

LOL funny thing is I used to use Christie as proof that there were republicans i could respect, to avoid looking like a partisan hack. At this point I'm at zero.

Democrats have flaws and even outright bad members but the republicans are at this point 100% irredeemable fuckwits and the country would be much better off if the GOP were disbanded, and all its members forever banned from being in public office.

There isn't one single modern republican I know of that I respect in any way.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

The Skeletal Atheist

The fat fucker just vetoed a bill that would have made it easier for transgender people to change their birth certificates.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

That rambling "apology" where he denied having seen the port authority dude, same guy from high school? Guess he was full of shit.. The NYT produced a photo with them together on 9-11-2013, 2 days into the bridge closure. Can ya believe a republican governor would LIE?  :shock:  Yeah, utterly shocking, huh?  :Hangman:  :rollin:

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"LOL funny thing is I used to use Christie as proof that there were republicans i could respect, to avoid looking like a partisan hack. At this point I'm at zero.

Democrats have flaws and even outright bad members but the republicans are at this point 100% irredeemable fuckwits and the country would be much better off if the GOP were disbanded, and all its members forever banned from being in public office.

There isn't one single modern republican I know of that I respect in any way.

That's why it's so intellectually dishonest when the so oft repeated argument that the two main parties are the exact same gets tossed around. It's bullshit, pure and simple. While dems certainly have their faults, you'd have to be living in a cave to not see the difference and the real effect of what the Republican "proposals" have been trying to do. Basically everything they've done or attempted to do in recent years has been destructive, anti-individual freedom, and anti-poor people, and if all the dems have been able to accomplish is to stop a Republican reign of terror it's a plus. Then 3rd parties are so utterly incompetent to the point that they can't even pick up any seats at state legislative level (seriously, they have exactly 1 seat nationally out of close to 8000 at state legislature and up, independents have 1 in congress that caucuses Dem). There really is only one option right now that won't be like dropping a figurative bomb on the American people and the world economy.

There was a time when I respected McCain, though that's long since passed. The last Republican I respected was Mike Castle from my home state and he got primaried by the tea party idiots giving the Dem an easy win in the general.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard