Ariel Sharon kicks the bucket...

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, January 11, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25696601

QuoteIsrael's ex-PM Ariel Sharon dies

Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has died aged 85 after spending eight years in a coma following a stroke.
He was a giant of Israel's military and political scene, but courted controversy throughout his long career.
The head of the Sheba Medical Centre near Tel Aviv said Mr Sharon had died on Saturday afternoon of heart failure.
President Shimon Peres said he had built Israel but a senior Palestinian said his path was war and aggression.
Mr Peres, who joined a unity government with Mr Sharon in 2001, said he was "an exceptional man and an exceptional commander who moved his people and loved them and the people loved him".
Palestinian political figure Mustafa Barghouti said while no-one should gloat at his death, Mr Sharon had taken "a path of war and aggression" and had left "no good memories with Palestinians".
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama spoke of a leader "who dedicated his life to the State of Israel".
The BBC's Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen said he had shaped the current state of the West Bank and Israel's relations with the Palestinians more than any other Israeli politician in recent years.

It's not normally in my nature to mock the deceased, but he was a warmongering cunt of biblical proportions.

SGOS

I don't care.  It's not a great loss.

Shiranu

Proponent of Israel I am, but he is pretty low on my list of people who took Israel the right direction.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

St Giordano Bruno

You mean he was taking up a hospital bed all this time! That fat old fart was in coma for 8 years hogging a hospital bed from someone that really needs it.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Atheon

An evil son-of-a-bitch dies.

Good riddance.

(8 years in a coma.... what a waste of resources.)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Like his protege' Netanyahu, he bemoaned the Palestinians intransigence while the bulldozers were clearing them out of their homes for more Israeli settlements.   Poster children for hypocrisy.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

St Giordano Bruno

Quote from: "Atheon"An evil son-of-a-bitch dies.

Good riddance.

(8 years in a coma.... what a waste of resources.)

8 fucking years!! he is a perfect argument for euthanasia
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"