Christie tripped over his fat gut then little dick?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 08, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "Johan"I fail to see why this is worthy of national news. Lots of state governors have gotten caught doing far worse things than create a traffic backup without it becoming a national news item. I suspect that 95% of the people in NJ don't give a fuck whether he's lying or telling the truth so why should anyone else care?

He is one of the favoured Republicans to both run and stand a chance in the next elections, so it's either talk about it now (while he can still be punished for it) or let it slide under the rug until election year (when no one will care anymore).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

You gotta think since Christie made his rep as a prosecutor taking on organized crime he's made more than a few political enemies whose political loyalties lie only with whoever is willing to take a bribe.  It's not AS IF either political party is squeaky clean in that respect especially in Jersey.  :rollin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason78

I like the way he's making out that it's someone else's fault.  Like anyone is going to believe that he's not responsible for his staff.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Jason78"I like the way he's making out that it's someone else's fault.  Like anyone is going to believe that he's not responsible for his staff.
Well of course he wants people to believe him. That's the whole idea behind lying. The notion that he might be telling the truth would just blow holes all through the lie. I'd be rather shocked if he held up two crossed fingers and said, "I had my fingers crossed."  :lol:

AllPurposeAtheist

From the dailykos tweet of the day.. heh..
QuoteChris Christie proves that Ted Cruz should've just called the shutdown a 'government study.'
— @JohnFugelsang

josephpalazzo

Another opinion from Michael Tomasky:

QuoteThe New Jersey governor says he only discovered the truth about "Bridgegate" on Wednesday. He's not stupid, so it must have been willful ignorance.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... d-eye.html

mykcob4

Well whtayaknow. Old Christie has a timeline problem. He apparently met with people to shut down the GW bridge weeks before it happened. His apology was a complete fabrication. The "I'm sorry that my subordinates acted on their own with out my knowledge" crap. Seems that there is record floating around that makes Christie the one that made the call to shut down the bridge.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Ti ... 31091.html

Johan

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Johan"I fail to see why this is worthy of national news. Lots of state governors have gotten caught doing far worse things than create a traffic backup without it becoming a national news item. I suspect that 95% of the people in NJ don't give a fuck whether he's lying or telling the truth so why should anyone else care?
It's important because this vendictive fuckhead is running for president and he is using extorion to get support. THATS why it is important!
Annnddddd that makes him different than every other fuckhead that ever ran for president because?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "Johan"
It's important because this vendictive fuckhead is running for president and he is using extorion to get support. THATS why it is important!
Annnddddd that makes him different than every other fuckhead that ever ran for president because?
It is important because he retaliated against a major that didn't endorse him. It is essentiall extortion. Most politicians don't use extortion as a political tool.
Also just because someone else may hay done it doesn't make it excusable.

Johan

I didn't say it was excusable, I said it wasn't national news and I still stand by that.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "Johan"I didn't say it was excusable, I said it wasn't national news and I still stand by that.
Then you'd be wrong. It is big news. Christie by committing extortion and the way he did so, endangered many many people. He didn't just inconvenience them. He did so as retaliation against a mayor that wouldn't give Christie an endorsement. Essential he tried to rig an election through coercion. So yeah it's big news since hes running for president. It's very big news!

Johan

Quote from: "Johan"I didn't say it was excusable, I said it wasn't national news and I still stand by that.
Then you'd be wrong. It is big news. Christie by committing extortion and the way he did so, endangered many many people. He didn't just inconvenience them. He did so as retaliation against a mayor that wouldn't give Christie an endorsement. Essential he tried to rig an election through coercion. So yeah it's big news since hes running for president. It's very big news!
Well in light of the facts you've stated here I would agree it is indeed national news. For factual evidence to be exposed which proves direct knowledge and involvement in that sort of extortion which endangered so many people by a person who has declared himself to be running for president is indeed national news. But I guess the news much be different where you live because according to the news I've seen, none of that fucking happened. He is not in fact running for president at this time. No direct involvement or knowledge by him has been found at this time. None.

If and when those things change, it will be very newsworthy. But right now its only speculation and nothing more. So the only reason its 'newsworthy' is not because its news but because it sells.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Johan"Well in light of the facts you've stated here I would agree it is indeed national news. For factual evidence to be exposed which proves direct knowledge and involvement in that sort of extortion which endangered so many people by a person who has declared himself to be running for president is indeed national news. But I guess the news much be different where you live because according to the news I've seen, none of that fucking happened. He is not in fact running for president at this time. No direct involvement or knowledge by him has been found at this time. None.

If and when those things change, it will be very newsworthy. But right now its only speculation and nothing more. So the only reason its 'newsworthy' is not because its news but because it sells.

Whether he has stated that he is running or not, he is the GOP lead candidate for 2016.

Poll: Will the GWB bridge scandal hurt Chris Christie's chances in 2016?

Johan

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"[

Whether he has stated that he is running or not, he is the GOP lead candidate for 2016.

Again, speculation and nothing more.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"[

Again, speculation and nothing more.

In the realm of all possibilities, everything is a speculation. Nevertheless, you are missing the point.