Christie tripped over his fat gut then little dick?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 08, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

From the Dailykos (and to be fair kos is very liberal)...

QuoteNew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie releases a statement on today's revelation that his deputy chief of staff ordered lane closures from Fort Lee to the George Washington Bridge as retribution against the town's Democratic mayor for not endorsing Christie's re-election:
What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.So after months of denying that anything unacceptable happened, now Christie admits that something unacceptable did happen. But he had nothing to do with it—or so he says. It was somebody else's fault, because the buck stops over there. In other words, the one truly unacceptable thing for Chris Christie would be to held accountable for something that could hurt his political ambitions. What he's mad about is that this scandal was made public. Not that it happened.

: Chris Christie, one month ago:

"I have a lot of things to do. ... I know you guys are obsessed with this. I'm not, I'm really not. It's just -- it's not that big a deal just because press runs around and writes about it both here and nationally. I know why that is and so do you," Christie said at a news conference. "Let's not pretend that it's because of the gravity of the issue. It's because I am a national figure and anything like this will be written about a lot now. So, let's not pretend."Far cry from today, eh? By the way, why hasn't he canned the aide who he says lied to him already? Isn't that a foregone conclusion? Why delay, even if only for a short bit?

: And on December 2, he was actually expressing anger that Fort Lee had three lanes:

"The fact that one town has three lanes dedicated to it, that kind of gets me sauced,'' Christie said.Apparently, however, that claim simply wasn't true.
:

Dem running the investigation of Bridgegate says there are several thousand more documents that haven't been released yet.
— @RyanLizza

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

So a politician from New Jersey has been caught doing something shitty? Color me shocked!
/sarcasm
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

stromboli

Every guy I served with in the Navy from New Jersey claimed a relative who was "connected." I even heard them have arguments about who was the most connected. Seems to go with the territory.

AllPurposeAtheist

Bragging rituals aside Christie has himself squarely in the cross hairs of not only Democrats,  but also rubes who don't like him for actually saying nice things about Obama. He's gonna go on CNN in a minute to 'explain' his version of these shenanigans.  :roll:
It'll be interesting to see who all he tosses under his bus...

AllPurposeAtheist

It'll be interesting to see who all he tosses under his bus...

Pretty much everyone... (on a personal note I'm "shocked" a governor passes the buck.. 8-[ ) (not really)

Thumpalumpacus

He could get out of it easily by saying that they had thought they discovered where Hoffa was buried.
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

mykcob4

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"From the Dailykos (and to be fair kos is very liberal)...

QuoteNew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie releases a statement on today's revelation that his deputy chief of staff ordered lane closures from Fort Lee to the George Washington Bridge as retribution against the town's Democratic mayor for not endorsing Christie's re-election:
What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.So after months of denying that anything unacceptable happened, now Christie admits that something unacceptable did happen. But he had nothing to do with it—or so he says. It was somebody else's fault, because the buck stops over there. In other words, the one truly unacceptable thing for Chris Christie would be to held accountable for something that could hurt his political ambitions. What he's mad about is that this scandal was made public. Not that it happened.

: Chris Christie, one month ago:

"I have a lot of things to do. ... I know you guys are obsessed with this. I'm not, I'm really not. It's just -- it's not that big a deal just because press runs around and writes about it both here and nationally. I know why that is and so do you," Christie said at a news conference. "Let's not pretend that it's because of the gravity of the issue. It's because I am a national figure and anything like this will be written about a lot now. So, let's not pretend."Far cry from today, eh? By the way, why hasn't he canned the aide who he says lied to him already? Isn't that a foregone conclusion? Why delay, even if only for a short bit?

: And on December 2, he was actually expressing anger that Fort Lee had three lanes:

"The fact that one town has three lanes dedicated to it, that kind of gets me sauced,'' Christie said.Apparently, however, that claim simply wasn't true.
:

Dem running the investigation of Bridgegate says there are several thousand more documents that haven't been released yet.
— @RyanLizza

Watched Christie's news conference this morning...what a crock of shit. He basically said that he wasn't responsible and never ordered the traffic jam, threw an annonous staffer under the bus with blame, then did all he could to tear down the mayor of Jersey City for breaking the news.

josephpalazzo

He has mastered the art of the contrived politician apologizing in front of the cameras, but how many idiots will buy that?
Lots...

AllPurposeAtheist

They'll buy it because he's mastered the art of bullshit.

Minimalist

I want to apply the "What Is More Likely Test."

Is it more likely that two of his closest political operatives got together and said "let's do something so fucking stupid that if it ever gets out it will make the boss look like a petty shithead," or,

Is it more likely "that Christie told them to do something to teach that little fuck in Ft. Lee a lesson."

I gotta go with "B."
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

The shit got a little deeper
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/0 ... 71581.html

QuoteTRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Six New Jersey residents have filed a federal lawsuit against Gov. Chris Christie, the state of New Jersey, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and others over traffic jams in September.

The suit filed in federal court Thursday appears to be the first civil claim over traffic that appear to have been caused as political punishment for the Fort Lee mayor.

The plaintiffs want it certified as a class action.

Lawyer Rosemarie Arnold says she filed it after learning this week that lane closures on an approach to the George Washington Bridge were "deliberate actions." She says that her clients were late for work and that one suffered a panic attack.

Christie has denied involvement. His spokesman did not respond to an email seeking comment.

Not to mention the family of the woman that died. A class action could get really big, because the numbers inconvenienced/endangered is huge.

Johan

I fail to see why this is worthy of national news. Lots of state governors have gotten caught doing far worse things than create a traffic backup without it becoming a national news item. I suspect that 95% of the people in NJ don't give a fuck whether he's lying or telling the truth so why should anyone else care?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "Johan"I fail to see why this is worthy of national news. Lots of state governors have gotten caught doing far worse things than create a traffic backup without it becoming a national news item. I suspect that 95% of the people in NJ don't give a fuck whether he's lying or telling the truth so why should anyone else care?
It's important because this vendictive fuckhead is running for president and he is using extorion to get support. THATS why it is important!