Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

a legendary tirades...

Started by AtheTurk, January 05, 2014, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtheTurk

from matrix.

why mr. anderson why?

why get up? why keep on fighting? fighting for something for more than survival? can you tell me what it is? you even know?

freedom or truth or perhaps peace or love? illusions mr anderson...

-cause it's my choice!!!

there is so much i say on this. but before, what do you think?

[youtube:e4046x9u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztABYog5x3o[/youtube:e4046x9u]

Solitary

I do this everyday when I wake up.  It's always the same answer if I can: to enjoy another day the best way I can until I can't anymore.  :shock:   :wink:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: "AtheTurk"from matrix.

why mr. anderson why?

why get up? why keep on fighting? fighting for something for more than survival? can you tell me what it is? you even know?

Because we are biologically driven to do so.

SGOS

Well, I suppose it captures something people can relate to, although I think it's probably something that's semiconscious.  I vaguely remember that exchange.  In the context of the film, it makes a good point.

Sal1981

Neo's reply, "Because I choose to." left a bitter unsatisfactory taste in my mouth.

That is not a reason, that is an excuse. That is what you say, when you have nothing else to fall back on. I would rather like it if it was something along the lines of "Because I want to live for more than a fight" or something to that effect, for something more than just survival, or even for something greater than himself, really, any purpose other than the just the ability to make decisions. Annoyed me, when I saw that scene, to no end.

Plu

I dunno. It seems to fit the basic idea... all of the chosen ones before decided to follow the path the matrix had set out for them. Everything up until then had been predetermined (by the oracle and the like) and it was run like a script. Neo was the first (and only) person ever to choose not to follow the story as set out for him.