Texas law makes a dead woman's corpse carry fetus to term

Started by aileron, December 31, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Jason78"They can do that in America?
What part of "land of the free" don't you understand?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Jason78

Quote from: "GalacticBusDriver"Every time I see one of those stupid Texas Tourism board advertisements, "Texas, it's like a whole other country!" I ask myself, "Why don't we make it one?"

Seriously, why don't the fuckers just secede and name their new country "Jesusland?"

Shir, Spain and the EU wouldn't take Texas if we gave it to them.

All things being equal, we'd rather have Colorado.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Sorry, I think money talks. I think the EU would love having a pocket oil production and distribution state in the New World to bring in some mad revenue. As well as one of the biggest tech industries in the U.S. and North America. As well as several other industries.

Hate Texas culture all you want, I know I do, but Texas is a far more productive and beneficial state to the union than 90% of the other states.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Playing devil's advocate...

She's a corpse. The fetus apparently isn't. Why can't the fetus be allowed to use this corpse as an incubator so it can survive? There is an argument to be made that the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.

Plu

Because it's the wish of basically the entire extended line of family of this fetus that it die along with the mother, so at best you're bringing into the world a child that will be a permanent reminder that the government overruled the wishes of your once-wife and used her corpse as a breeding machine against everyone's wishes. I can imagine how great of a childhood the kid will get.

Jason78

That's a good point GSOgymrat.   But that fetus was deprived of oxygen for the same amount of time as it's mother.   I am not a doctor, but I don't fancy that baby's chances of coming out healthy.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

GSOgymrat

Quote from: "Plu"Because it's the wish of basically the entire extended line of family of this fetus that it die along with the mother, so at best you're bringing into the world a child that will be a permanent reminder that the government overruled the wishes of your once-wife and used her corpse as a breeding machine against everyone's wishes. I can imagine how great of a childhood the kid will get.

If the family agreed to this procedure would you have an objection?

Plu

Not really. If there's someone there waiting for the child to love and raise it, that's ok with me.