News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Aliens

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 02:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

You said it did. I'm talking about the scientific method. Obviously. Can you sum it up for me? I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why your proof doesn't even approach it if you have no clue what it is anyway.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"You said it did. I'm talking about the scientific method. Obviously. Can you sum it up for me? I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why your proof doesn't even approach it if you have no clue what it is anyway.
If I am not following the scientific method then show me. Otherwise, accept the problem that arises with your proposition of infinite regress which therefore proves God and who God is by the resurrection proof.

Plu

QuoteIf I am not following the scientific method then show me.

Ok.

QuoteOtherwise, accept the problem that arises with your proposition of infinite regress which therefore proves God and who God is.

Here you go wrong. The fact that infinite regress is a problem does not prove any god.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"Here you go wrong. The fact that infinite regress is a problem does not prove any god.
Yes, impossibility of infinite regress does prove God exists, and by God, I mean the uncreated Creator, because nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

FrankDK

Human beings will never reach Heaven. Even at the speed of light it would take thousands of years. Even if there were gods which there is not they could never reach our solar system anyhow.

Gods are only good for crazy people and makes for good movies.

And all this talk of a soul to get to the other side is just silly nonsense.

So every time you see someone talking about gods, realize they are quacks and turn the channel.

Frank

Plu

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
Quote from: "Plu"Here you go wrong. The fact that infinite regress is a problem does not prove any god.
Yes, impossibility of infinite regress does prove God exists, and by God, I mean the uncreated Creator, because nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

It only shows that we haven't proven infinite regress (it doesn't even really disprove it. Just shows a problem with it.) and it certainly doesn't show a creator. At best, it shows an uncaused cause. And even that isn't certain. That's why actual scientists do actual science, with the side effect of getting actual results, something that religion has never (and will never) accomplish.

Well, except stealing money from the poor I guess. They're quite good at getting results there ;)

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "FrankDK"Human beings will never reach Heaven. Even at the speed of light it would take thousands of years. Even if there were gods which there is not they could never reach our solar system anyhow.
You're going the wrong direction. As Jesus was able to depart from this realm to the next instantly, so will all those who are raptured. Since Jesus proved His resurrection and rapture, this is what He has in store for us even the unsaved. Then He returns with His overcomers to reign on earth for 1000 years.

Plu

QuoteThen He returns with His overcomers to reign on earth for 1000 years.

Which is quite a short period. I've seen empires of men last longer. But it probably sounded like forever to the people who wrote the bible.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"It only shows that we haven't proven infinite regress (it doesn't even really disprove it. Just shows a problem with it.) and it certainly doesn't show a creator. At best, it shows an uncaused cause. And even that isn't certain. That's why actual scientists do actual science, with the side effect of getting actual results, something that religion has never (and will never) accomplish.
We proved that infinite regress is impossible, because if it were true, you would have already happened having had an eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This is whom we call God or what you call the uncaused Cause.

Science proves that if there is no naturalistic explanation because all naturalistic options have been exhausted, then resurrection is what happened.

Plu

QuoteScience proves that if there is no naturalistic explanation because all naturalistic options have been exhausted, then resurrection is what happened.

I think this forum might be a bit over your head. You should probably start with some more highschool level physics...

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteScience proves that if there is no naturalistic explanation because all naturalistic options have been exhausted, then resurrection is what happened.
I think this forum might be a bit over your head. You should probably start with some more highschool level physics...
This is high school physics so you should be able to understand it.

SGOS

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Yes, impossibility of infinite regress does prove God exists, and by God, I mean the uncreated Creator, because nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.
I already told you it was the Smurfs.  You keep going back to this God thingy.  You're starting to piss me off.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Yes, impossibility of infinite regress does prove God exists, and by God, I mean the uncreated Creator, because nature needs a cause outside itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.
I already told you it was the Smurfs.  You keep going back to this God thingy.  You're starting to piss me off.
I'd be pissed off too if I remained an atheist in light of this evidence.

Plu

QuoteThis is high school physics so you should be able to understand it.

No, this is homeschool physics...

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteThis is high school physics so you should be able to understand it.

No, this is homeschool physics...
Either way, easy to understand.