News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Aliens

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 02:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracedwithlife

Human beings will never reach another solar system. Even at the speed of light it would take thousands of years. Even if there were aliens which there is not they could never reach our solar system anyhow.

Aliens are only good for crazy people and makes for good movies.

And all this talk of bending space to get to the other side is just silly nonsense.

So every time you see someone talking about aliens, realize they are quacks and turn the channel.

Plu

QuoteEven at the speed of light it would take thousands of years.

You should maybe learn to think before you open your mouth...

The closest star is Alpha Centauri which sits only 4.5 lightyears from earth... which means that by the definition of "lightyear" is only 4.5 years travel away if you travel at the speed of light.

A basic estimation by an astrologist shows that there are expected to be around 14,600 stars within even a hundred light years, so you can imagine how many hundreds of thousands of stars must be in an area 1000 times bigger.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteEven at the speed of light it would take thousands of years.
The closest star is Alpha Centauri which sits only 4.5 lightyears from earth... which means that by the definition of "lightyear" is only 4.5 years travel away if you travel at the speed of light.

A basic estimation by an astrologist shows that there are expected to be around 14,600 stars within even a hundred light years, so you can imagine how many hundreds of thousands of stars must be in an area 1000 times bigger.
I was thinking in terms of just a slightly lower speed than the speed of light would render my conclusion that it would take 1000s of years.

Hugh Ross determined there are 800 variables to take into account and when multiplied together there are not enough planets to make it even close. So this is the only planet with life on it. The entire design is for earth and Mars as the New Earth and has that great high mountain Olympus in Revelation John viewed the New City from (which is 1379 x 1379 miles in Rev. 21), for the Bible says earth will be burnt up one day without the sea. That agrees with the fact the sun will continue to expand and make earth unlivable.

Plu

QuoteI was thinking in terms of just a slightly lower speed than the speed of light would render my conclusion that it would take 1000s of years.

The speed of light is linear, in order for it to take a thousand years to get to Alpha Centauri you'd need to be travelling at 1000/4.5 = 0.0045x the speed of light, which is quite far off from "slightly lower".

Also, there are also plenty of scientists who claim different formulas for the determination of life.

The fact that this one is a creationist which makes him entirely untrustworthy is only the icing of the cake of all the reasons why you don't know what you're talking about.

gracedwithlife

QuoteI was thinking in terms of just a slightly lower speed than the speed of light would render my conclusion that it would take 1000s of years.
The speed of light is linear, in order for it to take a thousand years to get to Alpha Centauri you'd need to be travelling at 1000/4.5 = 0.0045x the speed of light, which is quite far off from "slightly lower".

Also, there are also plenty of scientists who claim different formulas for the determination of life.

The fact that this one is a creationist which makes him entirely untrustworthy is only the icing of the cake of all the reasons why you don't know what you're talking about.
In relation to any conceivable speed we travel today that is still leaps and bounds faster. I believe him. It seems reasonable.

Plu

We already have designs for making the trip in about 100 years in Solar Sails.

article

We can probably get a craft on its way in about 50 years, if I were to make a guess.

Also, your uneducated opinion isn't exactly good reason to believe people. Anything can be made to sound reasonable to someone who doesn't really understand the subject but really wants to believe it.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"We already have designs for making the trip in about 100 years in Solar Sails.article
We can probably get a craft on its way in about 50 years, if I were to make a guess.
Also, your uneducated opinion isn't exactly good reason to believe people. Anything can be made to sound reasonable to someone who doesn't really understand the subject but really wants to believe it.
I don't believe it is possible as you couldn't go fast enough and slow down fast enough, as the article said...

"...Think centuries or millennia, not decades," said Dr. Dyson.

I agree with all 800 variables needed for life, so it is just a simple multiplication from there to determine there is not even a fraction of enough planets in the universe to make life possible on another planet.

It's all about earth and Mars then which agrees with the Bible.

Scripture does say though one day the New City will be 1379 x 1379 x 1379 miles with walls 216 feet thick in Rev. 21, would not need to rely on the sun and could travel to these various places. I'm ok with that.

Plu

QuoteI agree with all 800 variables needed for life, so it is just a simple multiplication from there to determine there is not even a fraction of enough planets in the universe to make life possible on another planet.

Can you list all of them? I'd like to see what you're believing to be "a simple multiplication".

gracedwithlife

QuoteI agree with all 800 variables needed for life, so it is just a simple multiplication from there to determine there is not even a fraction of enough planets in the universe to make life possible on another planet.
Can you list all of them? I'd like to see what you're believing to be "a simple multiplication".
It's in Hugh Ross' The Creator and The Cosmos, but I don't have time to be going through each and every item. Nor is that my main concern right now. My main concern is the proof for God.

GrinningYMIR

Earth will reach population capacity in the best few centuries, only science and mass trade has kept us from starving, now we are running out of fresh water

Mars is uninhabitable on its own, even with water it has no atmosphere for human life to
Survive in. Ever see total recall?

Without terraforming that's out of the question. Finally light speed is theoretically possible if one can eliminate mass from the equation

Mass is what slows you down, because the faster you go, the larger you actually get, and the more energy it takes to increase velocity. In this way, it is impossible to get to light speed, because we simply don't have the energy to power such a needed increase.

This is why things like the Mass Relays from mass effect (theoretically possible) wormholes (theoretically possible) and warp drives (theoretically possible) would be the only viable route, because it eliminates the mass from the equation and causes a lot less energy in the long run

Note I said theoretically possible
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Without terraforming that's out of the question. Finally light speed is theoretically possible if one can eliminate mass from the equation
I don't believe it is possible, nor any of your other suggested ways, plus a ship would blow up with even very small rocks flying through space smashing into the ship.

It's as if God is saying He designed the universe over a great length of time to get the full periodic table and to enjoy the majesty from afar not to travel needlessly.

Plu

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"
It's in Hugh Ross' The Creator and The Cosmos, but I don't have time to be going through each and every item. Nor is that my main concern right now. My main concern is the proof for God.

Your proof for god does not live up to scientific standards, so you should be concerned about it.

And you don't have to go through each and every item. It should be easy to list a few of the more obscure ones, and we can judge whether or not the rest of the list can be considered worth going over.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"Your proof for god does not live up to scientific standards, so you should be concerned about it.
And you don't have to go through each and every item. It should be easy to list a few of the more obscure ones, and we can judge whether or not the rest of the list can be considered worth going over.
The proof does abide in scientific standards. What were you thinking?

My interest right now, like I said, is the proof for God not going through a list of variables that disallow for life on a planet, but only to make note Hugh Ross goes through 800 variables, and if he is right, you don't have a hope in hell of finding life on another planet ever.

Plu

Quoteand if he is right

Obviously. And if you're right, I'm going to hell. But you're not, and neither is he, so that's alright.

QuoteThe proof does abide in scientific standards. What were you thinking?

Name two scientific standards your proof abides with. Hell, name two scientific standards any proof should abide by. I'd be surprised if you can even sum up the scientific method in 5 lines.

gracedwithlife

Quote from: "Plu"Name two scientific standards your proof abides with. Hell, name two scientific standards any proof should abide by. I'd be surprised if you can even sum up the scientific method in 5 lines.
You said it doesn't abide in some scientific law or standard. What is it?