The Central Problems for Atheism, and Why Religion is True

Started by gracedwithlife, December 25, 2013, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracedwithlife

If atheism is true does that mean nature comes from nothing?

Or does it mean the universe or universes always existed in past infinite cause and effects?

My problem with these two theories of atheism is that that which does not existence (i.e. non-existence) can't cause anything because such doesn't exist. How can something that does not exist cause anything? That's goofy.

And if there is an infinite past of universe(s) that equally makes no sense to me because you would have had an eternity of the past to come into being before now so you should have already happened.

It's even self-contradictory because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects as defined by eternity, you should never have existed because a past eternity would continue to go on for eternity never reaching this present time.

Are atheists mad?

Therefore, I come to the realization religion is true, because religion is the way to God, and God must exist because atheism is false. The universe needs a cause outside of time and space being uncreated whom we call God.

Shiranu

QuoteIf atheism is true does that mean nature comes from nothing?

Or does it mean the universe or universes always existed in past infinite cause and effects?

If Christianity is true, does that mean god comes from nothing?

Or does it mean that god always existed?

Are Christians mad when they imply atheists are silly for believing that nature can come from nothing/always existed, when they themselves believe that an even more complex, divine being came from nothing/always existed?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

gracedwithlife

If God always existed, He wouldn't come from nothing. He wouldn't come from anything, because He always existed.

God is simpler than the complex contrivances of atheism and always having to account for an infinite regress of cause and effects or unexplained phenomenon of something from nothing. That's goofy.

Shiranu

QuoteIf God always existed, He wouldn't come from nothing. He wouldn't come from anything, because He always existed.

If nature always existed, it wouldn't have to come from nothing. It wouldn't come from anything, because it always existed.

How is god simpler than natural laws, that we can observe working, being the root of nature? And your god is just as suspect to infinite regress, infact far more-so, than nature because he defies the very laws of nature.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"If atheism is true does that mean nature comes from nothing?
Good question. When science has an answer, we'll be sure to let you know.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Or does it mean the universe or universes always existed in past infinite cause and effects?
Good question. When science has an answer, we'll be sure to let you know.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"My problem with these two theories of atheism is that that which does not existence (i.e. non-existence) can't cause anything because such doesn't exist. How can something that does not exist cause anything? That's goofy.
Indeed it is. Who told you we believed such a thing? I need to go strangle him.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"And if there is an infinite past of universe(s) that equally makes no sense to me because you would have had an eternity of the past to come into being before now so you should have already happened.
You don't know that, and you shouldn't pretend that you do.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"It's even self-contradictory because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects as defined by eternity, you should never have existed because a past eternity would continue to go on for eternity never reaching this present time.
You really need to look up the scientific definition of space-time.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Are atheists mad?
No, we're criminally sane.

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"Therefore, I come to the realization religion is true, because religion is the way to God, and God must exist because atheism is false. The universe needs a cause outside of time and space being uncreated whom we call God.
The universe needs no such thing. If you understood how space-time works, you would realize this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

gracedwithlife

I already said in the opening post...

...And if there is an infinite past of universe(s) that equally makes no sense to me because you would have had an eternity of the past to come into being before now so you should have already happened.

...It's even self-contradictory because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects as defined by eternity, you should never have existed because a past eternity would continue to go on for eternity never reaching this present time.

We can't observe many natural laws because they are hidden from view, beyond our ability to understand, and to observe those laws for eternity into the past is no easy challenge.

God would not be subject to the infinite regress conundrum of nature, because God is outside of nature. And so He doesn't violate anything.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"If God always existed, He wouldn't come from nothing. He wouldn't come from anything, because He always existed.

God is simpler than the complex contrivances of atheism and always having to account for an infinite regress of cause and effects or unexplained phenomenon of something from nothing. That's goofy.
If the universe wasn't created, whence cometh the creator?

Any idiotic idea of god being eternal can be applied to the universe as well. Occam's Razor states that we must not introduce unneeded variables. God is an unneeded variable.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

gracedwithlife

It's illogical to ask where God came from if He always existed.

gracedwithlife

Introducing infinite regress and something from nothing violates Occam's Razor.

Shiranu

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"It's illogical to ask where God came from if He always existed.

It's illogical to ask where the universe came from if it always existed.

gracedwithlife

You can't apply God to eternal regress because that implies time, and God exists outside of time and space.

Rex Rgis Verum

Goddamn, this assertion is neither original nor clever. Occam's razor, go look it up.
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.

gracedwithlife

But the universe can't always have existed as was said in the opening post...

...And if there is an infinite past of universe(s) that equally makes no sense to me because you would have had an eternity of the past to come into being before now so you should have already happened.

...It's even self-contradictory because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects as defined by eternity, you should never have existed because a past eternity would continue to go on for eternity never reaching this present time.

gracedwithlife

Rex,

Introducing infinite regress and something from nothing violates Occam's Razor.

Rex Rgis Verum

Quote from: "gracedwithlife"You can't apply God to eternal regress because that implies time, and God exists outside of time and space.

You can't apply God to reality because God exists outside of it.
Why anyone would desire eternal life is beyond me. There's no fun in forever.