News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheism is dead, long live atheism

Started by Ro3bert, December 21, 2013, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ro3bert

4.5B year old atheist here. (cackle, cackle).

I've been an atheist for so long I didn't even know there was a god somewhere in anyone's mind.

I didn't even know the word or what it meant until someone shoved it down my throat and explained I was a pariah. I was devastated for at least a second or two but being Herman the German who is used to hardships and things like that I went back to cackling (I told you I was old).

Yeah, I'm being a bit reverent here but sometimes I just can't help myself. I inhabit another atheist forum and see  so much drivel and nonsensical explanations and pure malarkey not to mention horrible attempts to justify or refute atheism or theism or another ism. Still it is sometimes fun to follow some threads to see what sort of poppycock comes of them.

Don't get me wrong at times I can be very serious knowing someone somewhere will throw a monkey wrench in my logic seriously or in jest.

In any case I'm new here. It's time for bed now (22:07 GMT -5). Be back in the AM.

Robert

mykcob4

Quote from: "Ro3bert"4.5B year old atheist here. (cackle, cackle).

I've been an atheist for so long I didn't even know there was a god somewhere in anyone's mind.

I didn't even know the word or what it meant until someone shoved it down my throat and explained I was a pariah. I was devastated for at least a second or two but being Herman the German who is used to hardships and things like that I went back to cackling (I told you I was old).

Yeah, I'm being a bit reverent here but sometimes I just can't help myself. I inhabit another atheist forum and see  so much drivel and nonsensical explanations and pure malarkey not to mention horrible attempts to justify or refute atheism or theism or another ism. Still it is sometimes fun to follow some threads to see what sort of poppycock comes of them.

Don't get me wrong at times I can be very serious knowing someone somewhere will throw a monkey wrench in my logic seriously or in jest.

In any case I'm new here. It's time for bed now (22:07 GMT -5). Be back in the AM.

Robert
Welcome.
I have stated this over and over everywhere I go. Atheist is a term made up by those who made up a god. Everyone is an atheist when they are born. You have to be brainwashed to believe in a god.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

This is normally the part where I say, "Welcome to the Dark Side." You're probably old enough to be my master, though.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mykcob4

Plu

Welcome aboard. I didn't really get the whole god thing either, I always thought it was a joke. It's only recently that I started to realise some people actually believe that nonsense  :-s

Ro3bert

Thanks everyone for your kindest welcomes.

I expect to open a new thread sometime this morning, need to get 10 posts so I can start some arguments.

Robert

aitm

Quote from: "Ro3bert"Thanks everyone for your kindest welcomes.

I expect to open a new thread sometime this morning, need to get 10 posts so I can start some arguments.

Robert
We don't argue here, ever. We are just one big happy family.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Welcome. Was in the Navy in New London 1969-72, so you can guess at my age. Love Connecticut.

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

Youssuf Ramadan

Greetings. Welcome to the jungle....  8-)