Dear atheists, we ex muslims are waiting for you

Started by baronvonrort, December 17, 2013, 09:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baronvonrort

Good article-

QuoteDear atheists, we ex muslims are waiting for you

Dear atheists, we ex muslims are waiting for you guys to get over christianity and start waging war against Islam for a change.Yeah sure it's really fun bashing the buy-bull,fundies,priests,young earthers,the pope,etc,but really dont you guys think that it is time to shift some attention to Islam?

We ex muslims are a very small minority,and there is really nothing we can do to change anything.We cant form organisations or voice our thoughts in most muslim countries.We practically have no rights whatsoever besides the right to go to jail or be hanged or beheaded for our blasphemy.

But the voice of millions of atheists like all of you would significantly help us.It brings to world attention our plight,and all the horrible things Islam is responsible for,and how it has oppressed and destroyed many of our lives,it would at least help to change some laws that would benefit us ex muslims.

While christianity still deserves our attention,the role of Islam around the world demands our action.

As it is practised around the world,Islam is a consummation of all the worst that religion has to offer.

-Cult like isolation from other world views means generation after generation is born into ignorance

-Circumcision of boys and girls because healthy children are not born perfect;they must have a knife taken to their genitals

-Leaving the faith means death, Apostasy is considered one of the worst crimes. (Death penalty in 13 Islamic countries)

-Treating women as sub human pieces of property that must be beaten into obedience (Quran 4;34) means at least half the population is silenced before they can speak.

-Reward of heaven is used as an incentive to kill and maim innocent people

-Unyielding dogma that leaves no room for thoughtful criticism or humor

-Islam means submission.They want to be slaves to their god;it's right there in the name

This is not a religion of peace and we need to be more vocal about calling muslims out when they perpetuate this lie
//http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/06/26/dear-atheists-we-ex-muslims-are-waiting-for-you/

A review of this article from the Council of ex muslims here-
//http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22897.0

Death for apostasy is a violation of article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights, Islam is not compatible with human rights.

aileron

Agreed.  As practiced today, Islam is by far the worst of the major religions.  Christianity is no better; it's just held in check by science and secular power in the West.  When Christianity had the power Islam does today, it killed for apostasy and treated women as property too.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

frosty

There is definitely a noticeable bias among Atheists and self proclaimed "Liberals" that seem to ignore any Islam affiliated atrocities. I have noticed this tremendously over the years. I am always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt but I have seen it many times over the years. I will confirm that it has indeed gotten better, though. In my mind all religions are worthy of equal scrutiny and they do not belong in the 21st century. And what happens if someone gets offended? Too fucking bad, go take a pill.

billhilly

It might be that it's just the atheists you hear from who are bitching about christianity.  Most likely because they all live where christianity is the dominant religion and that is their frame of reference.  I'd guess atheists who live where islam is dominant keep a pretty low profile.  Then I reckon there are some who don't want to seem like they're judging other cultures and being politically incorrect.  I'd imagine that an atheist from a muslim country would give you an earful about how shitty islam is if given the chance.

Solitary

The problem with atheists in Muslim countries is that they loose their heads. :shock:  8-[  :-$  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

baronvonrort

Quote from: "Solitary"The problem with atheists in Muslim countries is that they loose their heads. :shock:  8-[  :-$  :roll: Solitary

There are 13 Islamic countries that have the death penalty for atheists.

Islam is at the top of my list for religions to be criticised because of the death penalty for apostasy and blasphemy, if muslims cannot leave it or criticise it how can it be reformed?

sab

Dear Ex Muslims,

I support you completely. the trouble is many atheists are obsessed with leftist politics and whilst islam is publicly opposed to the USA they will look the other way.

WHilst christianity certainly executed apostates it never had the same attitude to Women that islam has. this is what we are dealingt with..people who will go to any extent to excuse Islam.

Islam is destroying my own country. The progressives look the other way because my country is an ally of the USA.

Poison Tree

Yes, all us atheist simply ignoring Islam; Isn't it amazing that the likes Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris never got around to writing/saying a single negative thing about Islam.

Seriously though, of course the average atheist living in the west or going to be more focused on the religion(s) that they came out of, that negatively impact his/her live and that can be more easily contend against by him/her.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Plu

Dear ex-Muslims, you've already got 2 billion christians waging holy war on islam, do you really need the handful of us to come help out as well?

sab

Quote from: "Poison Tree"Yes, all us atheist simply ignoring Islam; Isn't it amazing that the likes Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris never got around to writing/saying a single negative thing about Islam.

Seriously though, of course the average atheist living in the west or going to be more focused on the religion(s) that they came out of, that negatively impact his/her live and that can be more easily contend against by him/her.

What do you mean 'us atheists' no I mean you atheists who are  leftists. I am an atheist of the centre. In My country of Birth Muslims are homicidal bastards. in the Uk, my country of adoption Muslims ,even though they are a small minoirty, are homidical bastards. because they hate the USA leftists love them.

the lft happily turned on Dawkins and Hitchens too even though Hitchens came from the left.

CloneKai

Quote from: "Solitary"The problem with atheists in Muslim countries is that they loose their heads. :shock:  8-[  :-$  :roll: Solitary

Wheres me head!  :shock:

Luckily, i can still type without my head. This proves that souls actually exist. I mean i am typing without my brain because my brain is in my head.

It proves k0ran is correct.
All hail spaghetti monster and Mo!

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "frosty"There is definitely a noticeable bias among Atheists and self proclaimed "Liberals" that seem to ignore any Islam affiliated atrocities.
No bias, just resignation to the fact that it is impossible in their communities and countries to bring any change due to the domination of the religious leaders.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

SGOS

Quote from: "frosty"There is definitely a noticeable bias among Atheists and self proclaimed "Liberals" that seem to ignore any Islam affiliated atrocities. I have noticed this tremendously over the years..
I think that might be true to an extent for Liberals, but I'm not seeing the same thing among atheists.  What I'm seeing is that atheists think Islam is as naïve as Christianity, but more violent.  There is the occasional atheist that defends some Muslims when they are stereotyped as all violent.  There's no question Islam is a violent religion.  But not all Muslims are violent.  Brainwashed beyond help maybe, but not necessarily violent.  Nor do they openly point out Islam's faults.  But  that might be because they fear the violence will be brought to them.  Or it might be that, like Christians, they only see what they want to see about their religion.

At least that's what I see in the atheist community.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "frosty"There is definitely a noticeable bias among Atheists and self proclaimed "Liberals" that seem to ignore any Islam affiliated atrocities. I have noticed this tremendously over the years. I am always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt but I have seen it many times over the years. I will confirm that it has indeed gotten better, though. In my mind all religions are worthy of equal scrutiny and they do not belong in the 21st century. And what happens if someone gets offended? Too fucking bad, go take a pill.

I'd be interested in an example of atheists (not a proper noun, doesn't need to be capitalized) and self-proclaimed "liberals" (ditto, and I assume from the scare quotes that the people you're referring to are not people you regard as actual liberals, so it's unclear who you're actually talking about) ignoring an Islam-affiliated atrocity. It's not as obvious to me as to you, so maybe you can point me in the right direction.

TIA: I do not consider myself to be a liberal.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "baronvonrort"A review of this article from the Council of ex muslims here-
//http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22897.0

Death for apostasy is a violation of article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights, Islam is not compatible with human rights.

What's the difference between ex-muslims and atheists?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina