New Fossil Find Closes Evolution Gap

Started by stromboli, December 17, 2013, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "leo"
Quote from: "SGOS"But who designed that hand?
I dunno, the tooth fairy or eastern bunny?
Hence hands with egg laying teeth.  [-X
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aileron

"New Fossil Find Closes Evolution Gap"

Nah, we just turned one gap into two gaps.  Thus sayeth the god of the gaps.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Gawdzilla Sama

When my idiotic fundy cousins bring up gaps I tell them to lay out the skeleton of every ancestor between them and Adam. If they can't then I refuse to believe they're even alive.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"When my idiotic fundy cousins bring up gaps I tell them to lay out the skeleton of every ancestor between them and Adam. If they can't then I refuse to believe they're even alive.
If Adam really existed, how come we haven't found his fossils?  Checkmate Theists!

stromboli

Quote from: "aileron""New Fossil Find Closes Evolution Gap"

Nah, we just turned one gap into two gaps.  Thus sayeth the god of the gaps.

=D>

Actually, the gap concept is kind of dumb. The idea that we could find a complete sequence of evolution from primate to man is highly unlikely, considering the millions of years involved. The fact that we can show there is a sequence and will probably find more intermediate fossils will have to suffice.

the2ndcominofjebus

A flat earth society, for fucks sakes! lol that's funny stuff. Don't fall off the ledge into the furnace! The bible says every christian is promised 80 years. So if you die before 80, watch out.

I've read and learnt quite a bit about what it takes to enter biblical heaven.. and I can tell you, even the most hardcore christians don't want it to be real. They ain't makin' shit. I hope if there is a life beyond this world that christians aren't allowed to enter for being so blatantly proud of acting ignorant. Just because you miss someone doesn't mean you have to be a retard.

The last thing I want to hear about for an eternity is how christ is coming back. LOL
"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: the2ndcominofjebus on March 08, 2014, 02:57:05 PM
A flat earth society, for fucks sakes! lol that's funny stuff. Don't fall off the ledge into the furnace! The bible says every christian is promised 80 years. So if you die before 80, watch out.
I joined the Flat Earth Society back in 1982. :D
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Plu

My brother bought the t-shirt. I actually have a picture of me wearing it somewhere because I had to borrow something from him to wear for a party and he gave me that one.

Solitary

"I've read that in homo habilis the thumb evolved due to tool use, but nothing this advanced."

What?  :snooty: That's not how evolution works. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.