News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A funny thing happened on the way to....

Started by aitm, December 15, 2013, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

We went down to Ft Lauderdale to spend a couple days and catch the Dolphins/New England game. On Saturday night they have an annual Christmas boat parade that is somewhat, kinda, soIbeentold, famous..y.... Anyhoo, so we are on the 12 floor and the boats come by and there is nothing x-masy at all. Several boats were blarring hip-hop or hard rock, several boats with blatant advertising for gambling or bars and nothing at all that would suggest religion. And I look at the wife and actually say, "what kind of crap christmas parade is this that doesn't even have christmas music....hell they didn't even have an obnoxious manger scene"...and as soon as I said it, the light goes off in the beer laden mind of mine..."wtf did I just say?"......I started laughing at myself because I was actually kinda pissed off that it was so devoid of the "holiday".. Hey, we are winning.....I think.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

In Florida?  :shock:  Wow, what a surprise. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.