News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Logic

Started by Solitary, December 15, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

This is rather long and tidiest to watch, but if you have nothing else to do it is worth watching.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dePAhD ... C093CDF2E1  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solomon Zorn

That guy is pretty sharp. I like what I've viewed so far. Thanks for the post, it gave me something to watch tonight.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Alloy Crow

So, I decided to post this question here related to logic.
What fallacy would apply to someone that arrives to a conclusion that something will happen because it has happened before? for instance, this person has done well in school these past semesters, and he thinks he knows he's going to do well the next semester because that is what has happened in the past.
I thought the gamblers fallacy could fit, but this only applies when the events are ramdom (toss of a coin) right? so which fallacy would fit this case? thanks for your help people.

AlloyCrow
Fry: All in all, I've led a full life. Let's say the three of us grab a six-pack and watch the universe end?
Prof. Farnsworth: Hear, hear!
Bender: That's basically what I do every day.

ESL above, please be patient ;)

aitm

Quote from: "Alloy Crow"So, I decided to post this question here related to logic.
What fallacy would apply to someone that arrives to a conclusion that something will happen because it has happened before? for instance, this person has done well in school these past semesters, and he thinks he knows he's going to do well the next semester because that is what has happened in the past.
I thought the gamblers fallacy could fit, but this only applies when the events are ramdom (toss of a coin) right? so which fallacy would fit this case? thanks for your help people.

AlloyCrow

I don't know if that actually fits into a fallacy. Now if he doesn't study or go to class and ignores anything to do with it and got good grades despite that then maybe....but chances are he works hard and studies and pays attention, in that case that would be called preparation.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Crap..I WAS interested till I remembered I've been smoking weed and drinking beer. As long as I don't die in my sleep it'll be much more helpful tomorrow.  :rolleyes:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

Quote from: "Alloy Crow"So, I decided to post this question here related to logic.

AlloyCrow

It's not a fallacy, just very poor inductive reasoning.
???  ??