News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A reintroduction of me

Started by Moralnihilist, December 10, 2013, 02:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Quote from: "Loneboat"I liked it here at first but some of you scare me. (a limited amount) but wow, I've never associated atheism with such judgement/ anger/hate. I think Christianity is filled with an ENORMOUS amount of judgement/anger/hate. Are some of you trying to be "better" at that than them?

Wow.
Why do you say that ? Because we discuss the negative  aspects of religion? This is a atheist website. So we don't have any religion in high regard. :wink:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Loneboat

Why do you say that ? Because we discuss the negative aspects of religion?

^^^the OP said "fuck people"

That is not discussing the negative aspects of religion. That is sounding like an angry idiot.

This is an atheist website

^^^wha.......!.!? This is an atheist website?!? Are you kidding???

Please don't condescend like that. I know this is an atheist website. IM AN ATHEIST. That is why I came here.

Moralnihilist

Ok since many people seem to want to jump to the wrong conclusions allow me to elaborate:
1. Yes I am an asshole. Im ok with that.
2. I got the degree because I wanted it no other reason I don't use it at all in my day to day life. I run a successful gym.
3. Regarding people who can't/won't get their own shit, I was not referring to handicapped people. I was in fact referencing people who see people with an ability to earn far more than they ever will in life and try to take from that person. This may come from the higher earner having a natural gift(like me not minding getting punched in the face and finding a way to make a good living at doing and then teaching others how to do it). Or the lower income maker not having the drive to put in the work it takes to make a small business flourish.
4. No I am not an angry idiot, see point 1.
5. In regards to trying to be "better" than anyone. I am me, love me or hate me I don't give a shit I will always be me.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Moralnihilist"1. Yes I am an asshole. Im ok with that.
Actual asshole or just very blunt? If it's the latter, we'll get along swimmingly. 8-)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Actual asshole or just very blunt? If it's the latter, we'll get along swimmingly. 8-)

Yes to both, depends on the day.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Moralnihilist"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"

Yes to both, depends on the day.
Same as me, except you don't usually see me trying to be an asshole because whatever put me in that mood made me too livid to type. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

frosty

This guy seems really intense. Nobody better fuck with him or they'll get their fucking asses kicked.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "frosty"This guy seems really intense. Nobody better fuck with him or they'll get their fucking asses kicked.

I don't fight for free. I always thought that was funny, just because I fought for a living and now teach people to fight people sometimes think I'm a violent guy. Would anyone preform their job for free? I won't and don't.

I'm serious at times, others I'm goofy, but I'm always me(even when I'm an asshole).

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Moralnihilist"Ok since many people seem to want to jump to the wrong conclusions allow me to elaborate:

[...]

3. Regarding people who can't/won't get their own shit, I was not referring to handicapped people. I was in fact referencing people who see people with an ability to earn far more than they ever will in life and try to take from that person. This may come from the higher earner having a natural gift(like me not minding getting punched in the face and finding a way to make a good living at doing and then teaching others how to do it). Or the lower income maker not having the drive to put in the work it takes to make a small business flourish.

I didn't jump to any wrong conclusion; I merely read what you wrote  -- "people who can't/won't put in the work" -- and made a comment.

"Can not" and "will not" mean two different things.  It wasn't my conclusion that was wrong, it was your unclear use of the language.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Plu

Quote from: "Loneboat"I liked it here at first but some of you scare me. (a limited amount) but wow, I've never associated atheism with such judgement/ anger/hate. I think Christianity is filled with an ENORMOUS amount of judgement/anger/hate. Are some of you trying to be "better" at that than them?

Wow.

You're trying to associate atheism with behaviours. That's where you're going wrong :) Any kind of behaviour except for believing in gods can be found amongst atheists.

(And being full of judgement, anger, and hate is just a generic human trait that most people are "blessed" with. It takes a lot of hard work to get rid of it, or to raise someone to not have it.)

But then many people here are just very confrontational, not really hateful.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Moralnihilist"Ok since many people seem to want to jump to the wrong conclusions allow me to elaborate:

[...]

I didn't jump to any wrong conclusion; I merely read what you wrote  -- "people who can't/won't put in the work" -- and made a comment.

"Can not" and "will not" mean two different things.  It wasn't my conclusion that was wrong, it was your unclear use of the language.

If one lacks a natural gift that can be useful in making money, say athletics, raw intellect, or some other useful ability, then the use of can't is correct. But instead of asking what I meant you jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Generally if someone is unclear I ask what they meant instead of forming an opinion based on what I think they meant. But I am obviously different from you.

Plu

QuoteIf one lacks a natural gift that can be useful in making money, say athletics, raw intellect, or some other useful ability, then the use of can't is correct. But instead of asking what I meant you jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

If one lacks the ability to make money, it's still not nice to hate on them simply for lacking the means to support themselves. So it doesn't change the original problem people had with your statement.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteIf one lacks a natural gift that can be useful in making money, say athletics, raw intellect, or some other useful ability, then the use of can't is correct. But instead of asking what I meant you jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

If one lacks the ability to make money, it's still not nice to hate on them simply for lacking the means to support themselves. So it doesn't change the original problem people had with your statement.

What I actually said was:
Quote5. I absolutely HATE lazy fucks who try to take peoples hard work because they can't/won't put in the work to get their own shit.

If you wish to take from others because you can't(see the corrected meaning of the word can't in this instance)/won't put in the work that is needed to get your own shit, thats when I have an issue.

Plu

So what would you expect people who can't put in the work that is needed to do then? I'm not really seeing any alternatives for them.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Plu"So what would you expect people who can't put in the work that is needed to do then? I'm not really seeing any alternatives for them.

Let me try it this way...

I made a very lucrative living as a kick boxer and now I make a lucrative living running my own gym teaching kick boxing and some MMA. I am under no delusion that I will ever be on the Forbes list of bazillionaire business owners. Do I wish I was on that list, you are damned right I do, but I live quite comfortably and am learning to be ok with that.

If the best a person can do is walmart or a fast food chain worker in their current situation then that may be their lot in life, if a person in this situation can change their situation and does not then its their fault, if they can not change the situation(for whatever reason) then it sucks to be them. Life, after all, is anything but fair.

The moment that anyone attempts to take from another their hard work, REGARDLESS of their station in life be it a Bernie Madoff or some chud who the moment that someone butthurts them they go and sue everyone in sight, is when I begin to hate that person. Life is hard enough without having to support parasite lazy fucks who feel that they are owed shit from people who work hard for their money(again this is not a knock on those receiving assistance we all need a hand every now and again).