News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The 10 commandments of Logic

Started by josephpalazzo, December 09, 2013, 09:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

stromboli

Thank you. Nice post. You could winnow it down to one, I would still hate philosophy.

mykcob4

Solidarity did a longer version of this pointing out the typical bad logic that people use to argue. It fit nicely in the FOX NOISE method of false journalism.

Solitary

Quote from: "stromboli"Thank you. Nice post. You could winnow it down to one, I would still hate philosophy.

If it makes you feel better Strom, that is not philosophy but logic that is closer to mathematics and science of thinking correctly than philosophy.  :wink:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: "mykcob4"Solidarity did a longer version of this pointing out the typical bad logic that people use to argue. It fit nicely in the FOX NOISE method of false journalism.

Well you can tell who the two mathematical nuts are at this forum with their logic posts. Wait! Is that an Ad hominum, or a Non Sequitur?  :-$  Neither dumbass, it is an opinion. Jesssse! Lil Devil  :shock: :lol: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Solidarity did a longer version of this pointing out the typical bad logic that people use to argue. It fit nicely in the FOX NOISE method of false journalism.

Well you can tell who the two mathematical nuts are at this forum with their logic posts. Wait! Is that an Ad hominum, or a Non Sequitur?  :-$  Neither dumbass, it is an opinion. Jesssse! Lil Devil  :shock: :lol: Solitary
Hahahahaha Yeah!

Jason78

Now there's 10 commandments that I wouldn't mind seeing hung up in the law courts :D
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

leo

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"[ Image ]
I like this commandments. Thank you very much.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Thumpalumpacus

Good stuff.

Also, we had a short section on logic in Phi101.  And a full course of logic in my college was slotted as Phi106, in the Philosophy Department -- not math, nor science.
<insert witty aphorism here>

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "SGOS"Only 10?

Agree, anything that is rounded off to 10 is suspicious...  :P