Beautiful Cervix Project

Started by Hopist, December 07, 2013, 07:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopist

Stromboli's opening post in http://www.atheistforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=979103 mentioned the cervix this made me remember that recently I realised I didn't know what a cervix looked like and found this NSFW site showing the cervix throughout the menstrual cycle:

http://www.beautifulcervix.com/

I found it fascinating.

Mod edit - fix link up a little
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back

stromboli

AllPurposeAtheist

I know this comes as a real disappointment, but I sorta doubt I'll be hanging cervix art on my walls any time soon. I might decorate a condom, but..... :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Is it just me or does it look like the alien creature just before it popped out of the guys belly.  :shock:   8-[  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "stromboli"Uhhh....Thanks?
You're o-vary welcome, glad to be of cervix.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

my wife thanks you for completely fuckin up my previous images of oral sex.....thanks.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

leo

Quote from: "Solitary"Is it just me or does it look like the alien creature just before it popped out of the guys belly.  :shock:   8-[  Solitary
I looking the same thing.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Smartmarzipan

Okay...I actually have one of those, and I think this project is kind of ridiculous. I get the whole "empowered woman!" thing....but this is going overboard, I think. It's just another internal organ. I get that it does neat things, but oh my gawd. The fuckin' photo gallery. Why. WHY.

If you have questions about your cervix, ask your gynecologist. A series of photos isn't going to help. It's just....weird.

EDIT: OMG, THERE IS A "SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL CERVIX" KIT COMPLETE WITH MIRROR, SPECULUM, AND FLASHLIGHT.   :shock: Hell, why don't we don't start selling home colonoscopy kits?
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a guy thing Smartzy.. You wouldn't understand..

***duck*** :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

missingnocchi

I propose a "beautiful prostate" movement to compliment this one.
What's a "Leppo?"

Jack89

Some things are best left a mystery.

Lao Tou

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan":shock: Hell, why don't we don't start selling home colonoscopy kits?

No no no. Colonoscopy kits are for assholes.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

Aletheia

Meh. My fun with cervical displasia and the LEEP procedure made me way more acquainted with my cervix than I ever cared to be. Trust me, after what they've removed, it isn't pretty anymore.

I would nominate a "beautiful scrotum" gallery, since it harbors about as much beauty given that it hangs around uselessly until needed as well.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Hopist

Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "stromboli"Uhhh....Thanks?
You're o-vary welcome, glad to be of cervix.
:rollin:

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"..but oh my gawd. The fuckin' photo gallery. Why. WHY.
:rollin:

Folks I said I found it fascinating not eye candy! I did put it in the biology section!

Apologies to you wife aitm, umm I am sure you will get over it I hope.  :-?
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back