"My Marxist father was wrong too"

Started by zarus tathra, December 06, 2013, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: "sab"I nver got to discuss these things with my father because Marxists murdered him.

Are you serious? Are you sure they weren't Marxist in name only? Anyway, sorry to hear that, if true, no matter who did it.  :evil: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

zarus tathra

No true [s:19257ept]Scotsman[/s:19257ept] Marxist would have killed people so arbitrarily!
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

sab

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "sab"I nver got to discuss these things with my father because Marxists murdered him.

Are you serious? Are you sure they weren't Marxist in name only? Anyway, sorry to hear that, if true, no matter who did it.  :evil: Solitary

I have no interest in people who claim they weren't 'real Marxists'. they were the Soviet Back Marxists who took over my country and butchered our people. The called themselves the Workers party. They ruled until 1991 and their evil bastard leader still lives in Zimbabwe. The Man who killed my father and 3 of his brothers still lives because Robert Mugabe is the friend of tyrants.

Now it isn;'t Communists who butcher my people -it is Islamists.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "sab"I have no interest in people who claim they weren't 'real Marxists'. they were the Soviet Back Marxists who took over my country and butchered our people. The called themselves the Workers party. They ruled until 1991 and their evil bastard leader still lives in Zimbabwe. The Man who killed my father and 3 of his brothers still lives because Robert Mugabe is the friend of tyrants.

Now it isn;'t Communists who butcher my people -it is Islamists.

Dogmatists seem to be behind most atrocities.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

zarus tathra

Marxism is a religion. When you don't have trade to serve as a way for people to interact, you basically default to religion.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

sab

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Dogmatists seem to be behind most atrocities.

=D>

In the old days it could just be about money- slavery and the Congo come to mind. Now it is almost always about idealism.

sab

Quote from: "zarus tathra"Marxism is a religion. When you don't have trade to serve as a way for people to interact, you basically default to religion.

Ill agree with that. Marxists behave just like the religious. they lie, refuse to see anything that doesn't fit with their world view, call people out as 'heretics', have purges of the impure, holy books etc etc etc.

Solitary

Quote from: "sab"
Quote from: "zarus tathra"Marxism is a religion. When you don't have trade to serve as a way for people to interact, you basically default to religion.

Ill agree with that. Marxists behave just like the religious. they lie, refuse to see anything that doesn't fit with their world view, call people out as 'heretics', have purges of the impure, holy books etc etc etc.

6,000+ years of recorded history and humanity is still the same with their inhumanity and superstitious nonsense.  :cry:  :roll:  :evil:  Solitary

zarus tathra

I'm starting to think that trade is the only thing that reliably engenders peace between people. An ideology based on uniformity will generally lead to competition to see who is equallest. And a system based on legalistic social designation leads to war and Game of Thrones BS.

sab

Trade is a very important part of promoting world peace.

zarus tathra

And I know that class conflict sucks and is retarded, but is there a way to actually get rid of it? One of the main selling points for both fascism and communism is the idea that their system will resolve class conflict, which I think is ultimately unfeasible. It also explains why they used so much violence, it puts a lot of stress on the system walking against the wind.

sab

Quote from: "zarus tathra"And I know that class conflict sucks and is retarded, but is there a way to actually get rid of it? One of the main selling points for both fascism and communism is the idea that their system will resolve class conflict, which I think is ultimately unfeasible. It also explains why they used so much violence, it puts a lot of stress on the system walking against the wind.

My FAther was murdered because he owned a farm by the facking marxists and their 'class consciousness'. Marxists are the most evil force in the world. Western academics who support Marxism should be kicked out of their tenured posts.

Thumpalumpacus

Any economic system which requires a GULag to stay in power is probably pretty good at fucking the masses in other ways, too.
<insert witty aphorism here>

NatsuTerran

I'm a leftist, not a Marxist, but I completely disagree with the premise of the quote in the OP. Just because you have contempt for people in general does NOT render your positive wishes for them moot. I just can't even fathom how stupid you would have to be to think that. If I have a sense of morality that is based on equal well-being and reduction in harm for all, and I dislike people, it simply means that I value their well-being in the sense that I logically understand that I possess the same recollection of well-being and would want the same support passed on to myself. Right-wingers are fucking delusional to try and twist such a concept into a motive of control. It's funny because leftists KNOW how right-wingers think, but right-wingers only think they know how leftists think. It's not about control, it's about analyzing needs and wants logically, without any attachment or bias. I'll take the advice of someone detached, cold, and calculated rather than someone who has firsthand experience. Firsthand experience correlates with emotional bias, not a tendency towards correctness.

Solitary

Really, how much brain power does it take to know what you don't want done to you shouldn't be done to other sentient creatures? You don't need religion for that, just empathy that all higher forms of animals posses accept people of faith that are zealots.  :roll: Solitary