News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

unionized stocker job

Started by hillbillyatheist, December 05, 2013, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Plu"
Quoteafter 3 years you can take 3 weeks paid vacation if I'm not mistaken.

Is this for serious? You don't get paid vacation until after 3 years, and even then only 3 weeks?  :-&
LOL in america thats a "good" job. most places I've worked don't offer any vacations or holidays off.

I wish I could become a citizen of another country where workers have real protection.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Plu

Myeah. Most jobs in the Netherlands you get 5 weeks per year of paid vacation, right from the start. Not getting vacations or holidays off sounds horrible.

hillbillyatheist

What is sad is that is a union job.

This means in Europe I would have a better job that's a nonunion shop then I can get here with the union.

America sucks. LOL
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Could be worse.. With self employment vacation isn't usually an issue as long as you don't mind not making any money during vacation..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

If you have your own shop you take a vacation all the time and let the worker keep working, or fire them and hire new workers for less if they don't.  :shock:   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Kinda depends if you can afford hired help or not which depends on what biz you're in, but one thing I do know is I never worked harder than for myself.

I'm not a good employee.. I tend to tell people to..ehem..piss off. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.