Why Would Someone Troll?

Started by Solitary, December 04, 2013, 11:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "mykcob4"The fact is that there are professional trolls sponsored by megachurches and religious groups. They find a site and set banks of computers on those sites sending volumes of images of aborted fetises and the like. They also cultivate trolls like Eve whose purpose is to totally disrupt a site and render it disfunctional and causing it to lose popularity and die.
That's there aim to end all voices but their own.

Lol. All Eve did was create more activity on the forum. First time I've delved into my ex-Mormon stash in years.
That's true the site is quiet right now.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Plu

QuoteThe fact is that there are professional trolls sponsored by megachurches and religious groups.

Is that fact backed up by anything? I've never seen or heard something like that before.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteThe fact is that there are professional trolls sponsored by megachurches and religious groups.

Is that fact backed up by anything? I've never seen or heard something like that before.
I was on a political forum a few years ago when a church in Lynchburg Tenn. Attacked it. It was Jerry Falwell's mega church. A person that left that church took the time to let us know just what was going on. She said that she had worked for many others that do the same thing including Bob Jones University, Liberty University, Pat Robertson and a few others. I didn't download or keep any of the material that she sent us so you'll have to take my word for it,....or not you decide. I'm sure if I spent the time I could dig up something for you. A google search won't find you anything, I've tried that. You have to get the information from the indie of the attacker. Backtracking the original Ip address may get you the results, but then you have to start from being attacked.
I guess you could covertly infiltrate such organizations if you're the Secret Squirrel type.
Basically these religious organizations are violating the Federal Trade Commission law the Can-Spam Act of 2003. And you can use the law as a tool to end their attack as we did way back when.

PickelledEggs

I think I might be the only one that is going to miss Eve. She was so nice.  :(  Even if she may or may not have been batshit crazy  :shock:  :rolleyes:

PickelledEggs

Sometimes trolling can be EPIC and you get a nice gem like this

[youtube:2la2sm11]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liYfhRgXGk[/youtube:2la2sm11]

leo

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I think I might be the only one that is going to miss Eve. She was so nice.  :(  Even if she may or may not have been batshit crazy  :shock:  :rolleyes:
We had much fun for 3 weeks. In the end Eve  start to becoming a little boring . She don't post anything new.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

darsenfeld

I think for many people, it's fun.
consistency is for dopes....

darsenfeld

for fun, for the lulz..  

it's how people get on with strangers.

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

frosty

I would disagree with the premise of the first post. I've trolled a lot before, in different places, I have many acquaintances and a group of friends that is only getting bigger. Not everything is a black or white binary. I also, however, don't feel the need to fill a certain void in my life with more people. It gets to a point where I've had enough socializing and I feel fine about it.

This is the Internet, where anonymity rules, for the most part we only know each other by usernames and avatars. Sometimes people make it so easy to get underneath their skin that you just gotta do it, and sometimes people act so nasty that they deserve getting "trolled" or flamed back in response. The funny thing is, people have different ideas about who is in the right and who is in the wrong, I've flamed and trolled a lot of people that deserved it but I'm sure people also thought I deserved what I got too. Few have the balls to admit that.

darsenfeld

I've been banned for numerous forums for "offending" people, but then it's a free world people can say/do as they please.  I don't have a bad life, I have a good job/education, etc. but then people read too much into online discussion.  Besides, often I give as good as I get, so if people judge me I judge them back or critique them back.

It's dopes who say "treat me human... :-s )" who get me though (well "get" as in amuse). Yes, I must treat you human, when you're some stranger thousands of miles away.  if somebody annoys you in the street, do you tell them "treat me human?"

aileron

Quote from: "darsenfeld"I've been banned for numerous forums...

What a shocker.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

darsenfeld

lol..  for citing "controversial" topics, but I don't care, it's just the norm of society.

Mermaid

You deliberately incite by making false or gray statements for sport. That is not what I'd call "the norm of society".
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

darsenfeld

it could be, society is very flippant.