News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Phobia transfer via DNA

Started by PickelledEggs, December 04, 2013, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

#-o  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:  Funny! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Got my fear of heights falling off a 50 ft billboard.. I'm pretty sure my parents didn't fall from one, but I never asked.. :-k
Does your daughter have a fear of heights?

Solitary

I don't fear heights, just the feeling before the sudden stop when hitting concrete.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Solitary"I don't fear heights, just the feeling before the sudden stop when hitting concrete.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
I had a nightmare once of me floating up in to space, and me suffocating from no air and eventually exploding from the lack of atmosphere pressure. I kept on trying to grab on to things, but it didn't work. I was a afraid of heights, not falling, for a few hours.

leo

I also have a fear of heights.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Solitary

I think it is natural to fear heights and falling. I have worked with Gateway Erectors and talked with Mohawks while working with them while erecting steel that people think they don't fear heights like we do. They said Bull Shit, it's just like you were afraid at first and get used to it if you have good balance. But you are still very much aware and alert and afraid of falling. When I think back at some of the things I did over 200-300 feet high I shudder at the thought and still don't understand how I did it because you can get killed every time you are up that high, but you get paid more the higher you go for good reason. One really lethal thing is having a steady strong when blowing that you are leaning against walking across a beam and have it stop all of a sudden.  8-[  :roll:  Solitary

PickelledEggs

I recently came across this VSauce video. I thought it was pretty interesting how they explained certain fears.