News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Democracy is dead in Detroit

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, December 04, 2013, 12:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "Eve"
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"mississippi. isn't that a red state?
I thought that only Democrats are the ones who know how to run well.
Looks like they are not so good :rollin:
What the fuck are you trying to say dumbass?
If you haven't a clue....and you don't, stay the fuck out of the discussion moron.

Eve

Blue state. Democrats run forever in this state.
Result: Detroit is doomed.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Eve"Blue state. Democrats run forever in this state.
Shut the fuck up moron or atleast say something  that makes sense. Just babbling on incoherently is fucking stupid!

Shiranu

A. Democrats are generally Republicans, so your point is mute. Both are garbage (on average).
B. Detroit's economic problems has very little to do with politics and more to do with poor economic choices by the large corporations that made it anything to write home about to begin with.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

gussy

Quote from: "Eve"Blue state. Democrats run forever in this state.

I've lived in Michigan for 20 years.  During that time Republicans have controlled the governorship for 12 years of those years.  They controlled the state house for 14 of those years and have controlled the state senate for all 20 years. But yeah, they "run forever".

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "mykcob4"I have a very strong feeling about the Detroit situation. All the conservaturds want to blame the unions but it isn't the unions fault. Detroit use to have a large population of well paid workers...mostly union. The  American auto industry decided it was going to make crappy cars of low quality that would wear out quickly so people would be forced to buy new crappy cars that wear out quickly. Foriegn car companies decided to subsidize their industry with government money and to use virtually slave labor to build quality cars and capture the American market. So American companies decided to move out of Detroit to Korea, and Mexico. Buicks are made in Korea!!!!!
The Detroit infrustruct collapsed. It's not the fault of unions and it isn't the fault of intitlements. If the foriegn workers were paid a fair wage, if those factories had to meet a reasonable safety and pollution standard, if the American companies made quality cars and didn't become so fucking greedy, Detroit would not only be fine but actually operate in the black.
Detroit is a failure because of corrupt greedy corporations and conservative idealism.

I know many people don't care for Michael Moore, but one of the first documentaries I watched from him was called "Roger and Me"  and it was about the closing of auto companies in Flint, MI. I saw it about 10 years ago, and it's a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_&_Me
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

mykcob4

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"
Quote from: "mykcob4"I have a very strong feeling about the Detroit situation. All the conservaturds want to blame the unions but it isn't the unions fault. Detroit use to have a large population of well paid workers...mostly union. The  American auto industry decided it was going to make crappy cars of low quality that would wear out quickly so people would be forced to buy new crappy cars that wear out quickly. Foriegn car companies decided to subsidize their industry with government money and to use virtually slave labor to build quality cars and capture the American market. So American companies decided to move out of Detroit to Korea, and Mexico. Buicks are made in Korea!!!!!
The Detroit infrustruct collapsed. It's not the fault of unions and it isn't the fault of intitlements. If the foriegn workers were paid a fair wage, if those factories had to meet a reasonable safety and pollution standard, if the American companies made quality cars and didn't become so fucking greedy, Detroit would not only be fine but actually operate in the black.
Detroit is a failure because of corrupt greedy corporations and conservative idealism.

I know many people don't care for Michael Moore, but one of the first documentaries I watched from him was called "Roger and Me"  and it was about the closing of auto companies in Flint, MI. I saw it about 10 years ago, and it's a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_&_Me
YEEEEP!

sab

Detroit failed becasue in spite of a completely corrupt incompetent adminsitration the people still vote the same crooksback in over and over again.

I have zero sympathy for the people.

Solitary

What choice do they have? They are all crooks and liars. :shock:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.