Author Topic: Why does Islam embrace child rape?  (Read 5179 times)

Re: Why does Islam embrace child rape?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
Quote from: "Cocoa Beware"
Quote from: "Mister Agenda"
Islam is way too vast for a generic claim like 'Islam embraces child rape' to be true. Shia Muslims believe Asha was as much as 10 years older than the Sunni do, and there are political reasons why the Sunni would prefer her to be younger and the Shia would prefer her to be older. Quran-only Muslims reject the Hadiths as authoritative, and Shia and Sunni differ on which Hadiths they accept as authentic. To my knowledge, all Imams in modern times who have indicated that marriages at such a young age are acceptable have been Sunni Salafists operating within theocratic regimes.

Of course, Mary was five years older than Asha when she was married to Joseph, so that's fine and no one ever starts a thread about Christians embracing child rape. Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed, right? According to tradition, Joseph was 90 when 12 year-old Mary was taken into his household to raise his youngest son James. They didn't marry until she was the ripe old age of 14 1/2. There is just as much reason to believe this account is factual as there is to believe the same of the Hadiths.

Christianity has a very serious problem with child rape itself no doubt, and their continuous denial and neglect when it comes to victims is nothing less then despicable.

But with Islam there is a very serious distinction where you have clergy members who do not condemn it in any way whatsoever.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
So, you have a problem with Muslims. I get it. Religion is bad, but Islam is ESPECIALLY bad. Just a word of advice, don't go to India. You might find some other people to have a problem with.
???  ??

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
Because the people who wrote quran said so.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 06:21:48 PM »
Quote from: "vsenetak"
=D> Very insightful...

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
=D> Very insightful...
Yeah the world is tough.

Offline leo

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:49 PM »
The Koran is good for toilet paper.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:45 PM »
Quote from: "leo"
The Koran is good for toilet paper.
I'm not a muslim  :-|

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »

Christianity has a very serious problem with child rape itself no doubt, and their continuous denial and neglect when it comes to victims is nothing less then despicable.

But with Islam there is a very serious distinction where you have clergy members who do not condemn it in any way whatsoever.

Personally, I don't see much of a distinction between explicitly condoning it, and explicitly ignoring it and blaming the victims when when they ruin the self-image of your organization.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Offline Paradox

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
Three points:

1) Islam is not unique in its "embracing of child rape".
     a) Hinduism's Brhad?rankyaka:It should be noted that a female was considered a "woman" as young as 11

b) Christianity/Judaism - Forces a rapist to marry his rape victim, if she is unmarried and a virgin(as punishment). The only reason that the rape is indicated as a violation, however, is because she was 'clean' before she was defiled by the act outside of marriage. Under biblical definition, rape is simply not possible if the two are married, and two can be married at extremely young age.

c) I could go on with a lot of other religions, but I'll stop for brevity's sake.

2) "Rape" is a modern term and simply does not translate to writings predating 16th century. Rape is a word with both legal and moral implications. Back then, such a term by itself, would have had no moral or legal implications. That goes for just about anyone in the middle east back then, regardless of religion. A more accurate terminology would be forced copulation, which was par goes the course for the rest of the world at that time, as well as others in the animal kingdom. It  is now that civilization has advanced far enough to allow for women the voice to say 'no' and it carry legal water, in most of the civilized world, that is. Of course the world has a long way to go, including the west and ESPECIALLY the middle east.

3) Society has a history of treating women, and others beneath them, as mere objects. Religion really has a way of setting those objectifications in stone, so to speak. Regions where religion is still overtly dominant and oppressive suffer the greatest from that mindset and will not be able to break free from those shackles until the religion(s) in their society become irrelevant enough for common sense humanism to take its place.

Offline frosty

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 12:27:25 AM »
I was actually about to talk about how all old religions and cultures embraced some degree of pedophilia, but Paradox beat me to it. Islam "embraces child rape" because the tribal Arab culture from which the first Muslims descended was rife with such activity. That, however, extends to all old religions and cultures. Religion and culture are like two disfigured, conjoined twins.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »
Quote from: "Savior2006"

Personally, I don't see much of a distinction between explicitly condoning it, and explicitly ignoring it and blaming the victims when when they ruin the self-image of your organization.

The difference I see is quite stark; Mohammed's relationship with Aisha means you have this perverted behavior imbedded into the texts themselves.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »
Quote from: "Savior2006"

The difference I see is quite stark; Mohammed's relationship with Aisha means you have this perverted behavior imbedded into the texts themselves.

which is exactly my point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk