News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where does matter come from?

Started by josephpalazzo, November 30, 2013, 10:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Solitary

As always, an educational post that explains very well. Thanks!  :-k  :-?  :rolleyes:  :-k  #-o  :shock:  =D>  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Poison Tree

In before "Ah, but does it have a mind/INTELLIGENCE"  :rolleyes:
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

leo

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Excellent explanation from Ethan Siegel:

Poor Eve will never get that. :-|
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Hydra009

The article says that matter and energy where created.  Checkmate, atheists! /fundie

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Poison Tree"In before "Ah, but does it have a mind/INTELLIGENCE"  :rolleyes:

Atheists apparently think it does, if you put enough of together in a certain way. No explanation for how this is supposed to work though.

SGOS

With great pride, I will announce that I vaguely understood at least 3% of that.  So that's progress.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"
Quote from: "Poison Tree"In before "Ah, but does it have a mind/INTELLIGENCE"  :rolleyes:

Atheists apparently think it does, if you put enough of together in a certain way. No explanation for how this is supposed to work though.

You ignoring the entire field of neurobiology and neuropsychology =/= no explanation.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

EntirelyOfThisWorld

I don't know.

There are others, smarter than I am who are trying to figure it out.  They may never get there.

How complicated was that?
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.