News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Somethink To Think About

Started by Solitary, November 27, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

QuoteMost scientists dismiss the idea of 'life after death' as a fanciful notion which is impossible to prove. In fact, new research indicates that it is actually the idea of 'death' which is becoming less likely and harder to prove, as everything we learn about quantum physics suggests that space and time do not actually exist in our perceived linear structure, so, in theory, death cannot possibly exist. This is called a Non Sequitur in logic.

Professor Robert Lanza, Chief Scientific Officer at Advanced Cell Technology, and Adjunct Professor at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, explains the theory which has evolved from a field of quantum physics known as biocentrism. Biocentrism, classed as the 'theory of everything' and derived from the Greek for 'life centre", is based on a concept that life and biology are central to being, reality, and the cosmos, and that life creates the universe, not the other way around. So in these terms, death is merely an illusion formed by our idea of consciousness. This is confusing subjective reality created by the brain with objective reality we all experience.  

Professor Lanza explains that biocentrism encompasses the theory put forward by theoretical physicists, namely that there are an infinite number of universes in which every possible outcome or event is taking place simultaneously. To accept this version of reality, Lanza says that we must first re-evaluate the way we have been programmed to view time and consciousness; he suggests that this will be the most significant mental shift for humankind since the 15th century when scientists revealed that the earth was round and not flat.

Like the concept outlined in the Wachowski Bros film, "The Matrix", it appears that our notion of 'reality' is merely an illusion which has been tailored to meet our pre-conceived expectations. Lanza explains that, when we perceive that the sky is blue, it is because we have been programmed to believe that this is true, but that our brain cells could be altered to interpret the sky as green, red or any other colour. This is nonsense!

In a memorable scene from the Matrix movie, which starred Keanu Reeves, the heroes believed they were being taught to bend a spoon with their minds until it was revealed that the spoon wasn't real. Professor Lanza suggests that we take part in a similar exercise every day when we behold our perceived surroundings:Again, a Non Sequitur.

"The shapes, colors, and forms known as your kitchen are seen as they are solely because photons of light from the overhead bulb bounce off the various objects and then interact with your brain through a complex set of retinal and neural intermediaries," Again, confusing subjective reality with objective reality.

"But on its own, light doesn't have any colour, nor any brightness, nor any visual characteristics at all. It's merely an electrical and magnetic phenomenon," he explained."So while you may think that the kitchen as you remember it was there in your absence, the unquestionable reality is that nothing remotely resembling what you can imagine could be present when a consciousness is not interacting."This is based on the philosophy of idealism or solipsism.

If we view the universe from a biocentric perspective, then space and time must also be subject to the same rules and as such are simply mental constructs of our own creation; on his website, the scientists encourages us to accept that space and time are merely "tools of our minds". The concept of 'death' therefore cannot exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries, and therefore 'death' appears to have no real basis in quantum science. This is ridiculous because life is an emerging phenomenon from physical or objective reality. What he is talking about is subjective reality.

Professor Lanza hypothesises that, after death, our life becomes a "perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse". He added: "Life is an adventure that transcends our ordinary linear way of thinking. When we die, we do so not in the random billiard-ball-matrix but in the inescapable-life-matrix." I have no idea what he means by this.

"What you see could not be present without your consciousness," he summarized."'Our consciousness makes sense of the world." This is true, however it doesn't make the world around us.

Lanza says that the well-known 'double slit' experiment helps to illustrate his theory. During the experiment, a laser light source was passed through a barrier containing two parallel slits and the passage of light through the slits was observed on a plate behind the barrier. Scientists noted that the light particles acted like bullets travelling through a single slit when observed, but their behavior appeared to be altered when they were not being watched, when the particles moved through the holes like a wave which was able to go through both slits at the same time. This is an interpretation of what many photons, or electrons do and not just one, or necessarily what happens.

This demonstrates that matter and energy can act as two separate entities, displaying characteristics of both waves and particles, and that the behavior of the particle is altered by the observing person's perception and consciousness. This concept can theoretically be applied to everything existing in the universe. This is not true, a single quantum object is not a wave, only a group of them is.

Lanza commented: "Some of the thrill that came with the announcement we are close to understanding the Big Bang rests in our human desire for completeness and totality. But most of these theories fail to take into account one crucial factor: We are creating them." I agree the wave function is a mental construct we make with mathematics.

Lanza's full theory is explained in his book Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe.

The concept of 'heaven and hell' may still be explained to some degree by this theory, as it appears that we can potentially create our own realities, either positive or negative, or at least our perception of them. For those who have scoffed at books like The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, or The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer, in which it is suggested that we create our own realities, there is now a field of science which can apparently substantiate these theories. This is again a Non Sequitur.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/quan ... z2lrqJ93gi
Another example of someone who thinks he understands quantum mechanics like Deepak Chopra and doesn't, "because no one does." Richard Feynman.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Damn.. I didn't really feel like thinking today. Thanks a lot. Now I'll have to think and actually separate the whites and colors as I do laundry. Oh wait.. doing laundry is just a mental construct. I can walk around naked even though with the wind chill (I call it the weenie factor) makes it 7 degrees out.
Nudity rules over logic! :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

As a firefighter, I once walked into a house where a man had died. We didn't know there was a body in there, we went in because the doors were open and we smelled something inside. We were there for totally different reasons than visiting the house; it was my lieutenant's idea, to investigate the smell.

We had no expectations there would be a smell.
We had no expectations there would be a body in the kitchen.
The smell was completely outside of any presupposed idea we might have, likewise the presence of the body.

I have no reason to believe that either the smell or the body or any of the corresponding things we found in the house were to be anticipated. I therefore conclude that the smell, corpse and condition of the house existed independently of my experience and my expectations. Just like finding a dead deer in the woods, it exists regardless of whether I encounter it or not.

Since the lieutenant and the police and ambulance drivers all agreed when they arrived at what was seen and smelled, I further conclude that common understanding is based on common experience of things that exist independently of our perceptions.

aileron

"Professor Robert Lanza, Chief Scientific Officer at Advanced Cell Technology, and Adjunct Professor at Wake Forest University School of Medicine..."

This crank is a stone's throw from me.  This state isn't big enough for the two of us.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

stromboli

Quote from: "Solitary"What if you experience and hear things that aren't really there, are they also based on common experience if more than one person sees and hears them? Eve disagrees with you.  #-o   :lol:  Solitary

Can you say mass hysteria?  :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Clean laundry doesn't exist. Three machines are broken and the other two are full..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

Quotein theory, death cannot possibly exist
Quotein theory: cannot possibly
:rolleyes:
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

SubcontinentalKiwi

Quote from: "Solitary"
QuoteMost scientists dismiss the idea of 'life after death' as a fanciful notion which is impossible to prove. In fact, new research indicates that it is actually the idea of 'death' which is becoming less likely and harder to prove, as everything we learn about quantum physics suggests that space and time do not actually exist in our perceived linear structure, so, in theory, death cannot possibly exist. This is called a Non Sequitur in logic.

Professor Robert Lanza, Chief Scientific Officer at Advanced Cell Technology, and Adjunct Professor at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, explains the theory which has evolved from a field of quantum physics known as biocentrism. Biocentrism, classed as the 'theory of everything' and derived from the Greek for 'life centre", is based on a concept that life and biology are central to being, reality, and the cosmos, and that life creates the universe, not the other way around. So in these terms, death is merely an illusion formed by our idea of consciousness. This is confusing subjective reality created by the brain with objective reality we all experience.  

Professor Lanza explains that biocentrism encompasses the theory put forward by theoretical physicists, namely that there are an infinite number of universes in which every possible outcome or event is taking place simultaneously. To accept this version of reality, Lanza says that we must first re-evaluate the way we have been programmed to view time and consciousness; he suggests that this will be the most significant mental shift for humankind since the 15th century when scientists revealed that the earth was round and not flat.

Like the concept outlined in the Wachowski Bros film, "The Matrix", it appears that our notion of 'reality' is merely an illusion which has been tailored to meet our pre-conceived expectations. Lanza explains that, when we perceive that the sky is blue, it is because we have been programmed to believe that this is true, but that our brain cells could be altered to interpret the sky as green, red or any other colour. This is nonsense!

In a memorable scene from the Matrix movie, which starred Keanu Reeves, the heroes believed they were being taught to bend a spoon with their minds until it was revealed that the spoon wasn't real. Professor Lanza suggests that we take part in a similar exercise every day when we behold our perceived surroundings:Again, a Non Sequitur.

"The shapes, colors, and forms known as your kitchen are seen as they are solely because photons of light from the overhead bulb bounce off the various objects and then interact with your brain through a complex set of retinal and neural intermediaries," Again, confusing subjective reality with objective reality.

"But on its own, light doesn't have any colour, nor any brightness, nor any visual characteristics at all. It's merely an electrical and magnetic phenomenon," he explained."So while you may think that the kitchen as you remember it was there in your absence, the unquestionable reality is that nothing remotely resembling what you can imagine could be present when a consciousness is not interacting."This is based on the philosophy of idealism or solipsism.

If we view the universe from a biocentric perspective, then space and time must also be subject to the same rules and as such are simply mental constructs of our own creation; on his website, the scientists encourages us to accept that space and time are merely "tools of our minds". The concept of 'death' therefore cannot exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries, and therefore 'death' appears to have no real basis in quantum science. This is ridiculous because life is an emerging phenomenon from physical or objective reality. What he is talking about is subjective reality.

Professor Lanza hypothesises that, after death, our life becomes a "perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse". He added: "Life is an adventure that transcends our ordinary linear way of thinking. When we die, we do so not in the random billiard-ball-matrix but in the inescapable-life-matrix." I have no idea what he means by this.

"What you see could not be present without your consciousness," he summarized."'Our consciousness makes sense of the world." This is true, however it doesn't make the world around us.

Lanza says that the well-known 'double slit' experiment helps to illustrate his theory. During the experiment, a laser light source was passed through a barrier containing two parallel slits and the passage of light through the slits was observed on a plate behind the barrier. Scientists noted that the light particles acted like bullets travelling through a single slit when observed, but their behavior appeared to be altered when they were not being watched, when the particles moved through the holes like a wave which was able to go through both slits at the same time. This is an interpretation of what many photons, or electrons do and not just one, or necessarily what happens.

This demonstrates that matter and energy can act as two separate entities, displaying characteristics of both waves and particles, and that the behavior of the particle is altered by the observing person's perception and consciousness. This concept can theoretically be applied to everything existing in the universe. This is not true, a single quantum object is not a wave, only a group of them is.

Lanza commented: "Some of the thrill that came with the announcement we are close to understanding the Big Bang rests in our human desire for completeness and totality. But most of these theories fail to take into account one crucial factor: We are creating them." I agree the wave function is a mental construct we make with mathematics.

Lanza's full theory is explained in his book Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe.

The concept of 'heaven and hell' may still be explained to some degree by this theory, as it appears that we can potentially create our own realities, either positive or negative, or at least our perception of them. For those who have scoffed at books like The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, or The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer, in which it is suggested that we create our own realities, there is now a field of science which can apparently substantiate these theories. This is again a Non Sequitur.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/quan ... z2lrqJ93gi
Another example of someone who thinks he understands quantum mechanics like Deepak Chopra and doesn't, "because no one does." Richard Feynman.

Thanks a million for this. It was also printed in an Indian paper which my mother promptly showed me. I pointed out the same things, but it feels nice to be validated.

Sal1981

Not even in a deluded state could I come up with such a fantasy. People that have been declared braindead, but later come back to life is the best source of evidence for what happens after death; nothing happens.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "SubcontinentalKiwi"This demonstrates that matter and energy can act as two separate entities, displaying characteristics of both waves and particles, and that the behavior of the particle is altered by the observing person's perception and consciousness. This concept can theoretically be applied to everything existing in the universe. This is not true, a single quantum object is not a wave, only a group of them is.

Lanza

The problem here in that interpretation is that the "altered" observation is not done by our "consciousness". Whether humans make the observation or it's done by a detector, the observation in the double-slit experiment will be ''altered''. Secondly, matter/energy act as two separate entities only if we look at things in the classical sense. But the universe is not bound to our classical sense of separating everything into waves or particles. The reality at subatomic level is more complex than that, and our intuitive sense, trained for centuries to think in terms of the classical sense, is inadequate.

leo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Clean laundry doesn't exist. Three machines are broken and the other two are full..
That sucks.  :-|
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

aitm

The desire for life after death can certainly influence ones thinking and perhaps lead one to find the question to your answer.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust