Sodom and Gomorrah - historical "miracle"?

Started by Lolilla, November 11, 2013, 11:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robandrob1

Quote from: "Lolilla"Ok, I think the one with the cities really is bullshit...
But I found another one where I have a serious problem: http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/historical_05.html
Unfortunatly, every word of this is true, that "Pharaoh" wasn't used at the time of the prophet Josef, and that it was used at time of Moses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh
And that the Bible always uses Pharaoh, with Josef and Moses.

I am really confused now.  :( Could you please help me refute this?? I just don't see a natural explanation.

How about this, in a long winded and repetitive book of stories Muhammad actually got something right for a change?  I'm more interested in what he got wrong than in what he got right, since if he's really the Prophet of an all knowing God he shouldn't get anything wrong at all.  Just one chink in the armor, one error, and the entire myth of the Quran's infallibility comes crashing down and Islam becomes a falsehood.  So where do we start?  Allah says that shooting stars are missiles used to stop genies from listening in on whats happening in heaven, that stars are in the lowest level of the seven heavens, Allah confuses Miriam, sister of Aaron and daughter of Amram, with Mary, the mother of Jesus, Allah says the sun sets in a pool of muddy water and so on...

Poison Tree

It's a miracle that they used the correct word? Low hanging fruit indeed. Hell, the other day someone refereed to Angela Merkel as "president of Germany" and I pointed out that she is "Chancellor"; guess I must have been speaking "Allah's Word", eh
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "leo"In general arguing with a Muslim is worse than talking to a wall.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Lolilla"It is about the cities Sodom and Gomorra which were destroyed by God because of their inhabitants' way of life (homosexuality etc.).

Funnily enough, there is dispute as to what the sins of Sodom were.

What was Sodom's sin?

And what happened in Gomorra was never mentioned.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!