Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Noah - the movie

Started by Plu, November 22, 2013, 07:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Anyone seen this trailer before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

It looks kinda interesting. I wonder how many people will watch this movie and think "yes, that's totally how it happened" and how many will be challenged by the things they see.

PickelledEggs

I wonder also how many are going to think the story is dead on as well. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot, though. Last easter at my aunt's house she had History Channel's : The Bible. I would say about one quarter to a half of my catholic side were talking about it like all that bible stuff happened. The others just wanted to watch football.... or was it basketball... I can't remember.... Anyway, the story of Noahs ark, I'm expecting similar reactions.

I'll go see it, though. It looks like it will be a really good movie.

aileron

I'll wait for the pirated copy.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Solitary

It looks like it is going to be good, and the director and Crowe are usually great. I will also wait to get the pirated version. I like fantasy movies when they are well done, like Avatar (My favorite move outside of War and Peace, the Russian version.), Jurassic Park, Alien (With  some really scary scenes.),  Forbidden Planet, When Worlds Collide (Still scary to watch), the original War Of The Worlds (The only movie I watched 6 times in a row.), and 2000 A Space Odyssey, even though they are classified as science fiction.  :-D  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Notthesun

I will be seeing this. The director alone is enough pull for me. Plus it looks visually amazing.
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

kscience

Noah will be as accurate as The Prince of Egypt, which is as accurate as Alice in Wonderland (I was going to say 300, but 300 is probably more accurate than Noah, at least we knew the battle of Thermopylae occurred to some extent, minus the weird monsters and stuff).

Still, I would be interested to see how they manage to portray it. The story in the Bible is fallacious enough just reading it, so they'd probably have to severely skew the image of the ark or the amount of animals that actually go on it.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "kscience"Noah will be as accurate as The Prince of Egypt, which is as accurate as Alice in Wonderland (I was going to say 300, but 300 is probably more accurate than Noah, at least we knew the battle of Thermopylae occurred to some extent, minus the weird monsters and stuff).
I thought The Prince of Egypt was a good story. >.>;
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel