Huh? ANOTHER Tea party fuckup???

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 20, 2013, 01:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, I know it's tough to believe they fuck up, but Florida congressman, Republican Trey Radel was charged in Washington with cocaine possession.. A 'Hiphop Repiblican'. :roll: Oh yeah, he's a former CNN intern as well.
http://m.politico.com/iphone/story/1113/100075.html
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Hey, cocaine in Florida is like party favors. He will apologize, his lawyers will kill it, he'll be running for congress next election.

Solitary

The devil made him do it dumb atheists.  :P   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

'I am PROFOUNDLY sorry.' Well... That makes it alright. After all, it's not AS IF his position and power has potential to ruin anyone else's lives.
I was profoundly sorry for every crime I was ever charged with including jay walking once.. :)

stromboli

I know two Tea Party people. Arguing with them is not advised. "Global Warming? Haven't seen any evidence." said while looking at a bare, snowless mountain a week before Thanksgiving.  :roll: Evidence? We don' need no stinkin' evidence!

Hydra009

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Yeah, I know it's tough to believe they fuck up, but Florida congressman, Republican Trey Radel was charged in Washington with cocaine possession.. A 'Hiphop Repiblican'. :roll: Oh yeah, he's a former CNN intern as well.
Funny how when they do it, it's a disease and an "irresponsible choice", that they're deeply sorry about (so we should go easy on 'em) but when Joe Blow (heh) does it, we need to lock him up and throw away the key.

AllPurposeAtheist

In Rob Ford's case he had a great excuse.. HE WAS IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR! :roll:

billhilly

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Yeah, I know it's tough to believe they fuck up, but Florida congressman, Republican Trey Radel was charged in Washington with cocaine possession.. A 'Hiphop Repiblican'. :roll: Oh yeah, he's a former CNN intern as well.
Funny how when they do it, it's a disease and an "irresponsible choice", that they're deeply sorry about (so we should go easy on 'em) but when Joe Blow (heh) does it, we need to lock him up and throw away the key.

That right there pisses me off.  It doesn't seem to matter whether they're from the left or the right. As long as they're members of the ruling class, they get a pass on it.  It's like there's a new nobility these days.  Probably just a matter of time before it's legal for a member of the elite to claim the right to fuck your wife just like the knights of old.

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"In Rob Ford's case he had a great excuse.. HE WAS IN A DRUNKEN STUPOR! :roll:

Well then hey, I can totally relate. Who hasn't used the "drunken stupor" ploy a time or two?

AllPurposeAtheist

I've been through both alcoholism and addiction to heroin. I didn't believe 'disease theory' then and still don't. It's also not pure will power, but disease theory sure works for the ruling class whereas for the rest of us it's criminal behavior. Odd how that works, huh?

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I've been through both alcoholism and addiction to heroin. I didn't believe 'disease theory' then and still don't. It's also not pure will power, but disease theory sure works for the ruling class whereas for the rest of us it's criminal behavior. Odd how that works, huh?

And yet they are still, even after using that as an excuse, going to ignore it and throw people in jail for using. The logic is astounding.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I've been through both alcoholism and addiction to heroin. I didn't believe 'disease theory' then and still don't. It's also not pure will power, but disease theory sure works for the ruling class whereas for the rest of us it's criminal behavior. Odd how that works, huh?

And yet they are still, even after using that as an excuse, going to ignore it and throw people in jail for using. The logic is astounding.
So does the hypocrisy especially where race is concerned..

The Whit

Not all Tea Party-ers are retarded...although there are a number of them...I'll give you that.  This is a problem that is prolific among the ruling class in Washington D.C. (*cough* Ted Kennedy *cough*) regardless of the faction they represent.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

Thumpalumpacus

I think this has less to do with his political persuasion and more to do with the fact that politicians feel above the law, seemingly.
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

No doubt politics is not the driving force of alcoholism or drug addiction nor is money or even job status. Nearly every town has a 'cop bar' or several even and political functions usually have more than enough booze. And what pol wants to be associated with being 'soft on crime' ESPECIALLY drug crime? I don't know of any.
So maybe it's hypocritical, but fuck em.. I don't like flea baggers.