News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NOAH

Started by ApostateLois, November 16, 2013, 02:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApostateLois

There's probably a thread somewhere in AF for this, but fuck it, I'm putting it here. So! Who's going to go see this just for the lulz? It has Russell Crowe and Emma Watson in it. I'm hoping Russell takes off his shirt at least once, and that Emma's talents aren't wasted on shitty dialog.

THE TRAILER!

[youtube:z0tgnsbp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ[/youtube:z0tgnsbp]

Gonna be a lot of birdshit for someone to clean up, that's for sure.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Floydian

hahahah...but its Darren Aronofsky dude.. and did you forget to mention anthony hopkins and jennifer conelly . definitely gonna watch it...

ApostateLois

Some things I'd like to see in this movie, but probably won't:

The entire cast and crew of Twilight drowning in the waves.

Thor making an appearance, because Thor is a god, and why not?

Dinosaurs. Maybe a T-rex standing on a mountain, furiously waving his tiny arms and going, "Wait for me!!"

The ark is actually a Transformer!

Solitary

I think emma and Jennifer are hot, but I'm a pervert.  :shock:  :-$  It looks interesting and Crow and Hopkins are top notch actors. Of course no matter how good it is I don't believe it ever happen for a quantum leap.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh why waste good money on a movie when you can tune into the National Geographic channel to watch Church Rescue??  Oh yes! It's This Old House for God! LOL..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: "ApostateLois"The ark is actually a Transformer!

[youtube:3cfegfik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAvMUUJr4[/youtube:3cfegfik]
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

SGOS

I'll pass, I think.  I've heard the story enough times.  No doubt some will see it because they think it's an educational film.

leo

I know the NOAH story is bullshit but anthony hopkins is in the fucking movie . I will watch it.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

ApostateLois

Quote from: "leo"I know the NOAH story is bullshit but anthony hopkins is in the fucking movie . I will watch it.

I KNO, RITE??

QuoteOh why waste good money on a movie when you can tune into the National Geographic channel to watch Church Rescue?? Oh yes! It's This Old House for God! LOL..

:shock:

I can't believe that's a real show. Oh, Nat. Geo., what have you become??  :cry:

Hydra009

Spoilers:  Noah gets raped.

Gerard

Quote from: "ApostateLois"
Quote from: "leo"I know the NOAH story is bullshit but anthony hopkins is in the fucking movie . I will watch it.

I KNO, RITE??

QuoteOh why waste good money on a movie when you can tune into the National Geographic channel to watch Church Rescue?? Oh yes! It's This Old House for God! LOL..

:shock:

I can't believe that's a real show. Oh, Nat. Geo., what have you become??  :cry:

Isn't Nat Geo owned by Fox Channel these days?

Gerard

Savior2006

The key thing will be telling the story in an interesting way. This is one of those times where I really don't care how faithful the movie is to the "source material." I really loved the Black Swan, so maybe this movie will be descent.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

stromboli

Christian Bale is going to play Moses in a remake of the Exodus. Go figure.
http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/chr ... pic-exodus

AllPurposeAtheist

Has anyone noticed all these cable channel 'reality' shows almost all use one of about 4 different speech cadence? They all try to be authoritarian as IF every word spoken is the 'gods' honest truth?
Of course cable reality shows wouldn't lie. We NEED to rehabilitate all those old, delapitated, crumbling, abandoned churches because America is going to hell.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gerard

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Has anyone noticed all these cable channel 'reality' shows almost all use one of about 4 different speech cadence? They all try to be authoritarian as IF every word spoken is the 'gods' honest truth?
Of course cable reality shows wouldn't lie. We NEED to rehabilitate all those old, delapitated, crumbling, abandoned churches because America is going to hell.. :roll:
Discovery Channel, National Geographic and TLC have become channels that just produce 'reality TV' instead of what they were about in the first place. Even MTV isn't about music anymore but about RT! (That's what we see here in Europe, can't imagine how bad it must be across the pond!).

Quote from: "someone"We NEED to rehabilitate all those old, delapitated, crumbling, abandoned TV channels because (*.*)  is going to hell..

Gerard