"Atheist Churches"? What is this Mickey Mouse (expletive)...

Started by Cocoa Beware, November 12, 2013, 02:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/3489967/

QuoteLOS ANGELES (AP) — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

Dozens of gatherings dubbed "atheist mega-churches" by supporters and detractors are springing up around the U.S. after finding success in Great Britain earlier this year. The movement fueled by social media and spearheaded by two prominent British comedians is no joke.

On Sunday, the inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief. Similar gatherings in San Diego, Nashville, New York and other U.S. cities have drawn hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.

I dont get it.

But then again, people who propose atheist "commandments" make me want to vomit as well.

Thats just the way I feel about it though.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

SGOS

Now I don't know where to post my comments about this subject.  :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait! Won't god smite them for this? :shock: That of course assumes they include chariots with regular, wooden wheels.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

This is for real.

I belong to the Church Of Reality, they are tax free and use marijuana as a sacrament. Honest! It was started by a lawyer in California. It's really a political movement to attract atheist and have political clout like the Church and churches have. The reason it is a church is to have tax free status that it has like all the other churches have and get marijuana as a legal sacrament. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.