News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Robotic Jelly Fish

Started by Solitary, November 27, 2013, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Because getting stung by a jellyfish doesn't suck quite badly enough. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "Solitary"I met a man from Down Under that got stung by a man of war while surfing that was lucky it didn't kill him. His back and legs looked like he got whipped with a cat of nine tails about 300 times. He said it was like getting red hot wires across his back and legs with electricity going through them. I don't know if it is true or not, but he said his buddy saved him by peeing on it.  :shock: Solitary

Well there are certain chemicals in urine that help to dilute the effects of a jellyfish sting, so yeah, it probably did save the guy.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

hunh...imagine that

maybe it helps as a placebo effect?

anyway I was wrong

honor demands suicide

:Hangman:
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"hunh...imagine that

maybe it helps as a placebo effect?

anyway I was wrong

honor demands suicide

:Hangman:

I don't think you were wrong, because surfing uses up a lot of your vital body fluids and would make your urine very strong and would probably help then. And I'm sure his friend knew to use sand soaked with sea water to remove the stingers. And like you said the placebo effect can be very strong. I have no idea how you are going to unhang yourself. Did you hear about the amorous plastic surgeon who hung himself?  :shock: Solitary

That makes sense, I used to research jellies a lot when I was younger, A man-o-war is extremely dangerous, he was lucky to survive. I think it's them and the box jelly that are the most deadly in the world, both of em have 25 foot tentacles too 0.0

I couldn't tie the knot correctly, and yes I have! I recommend taking your lady to go see the play they're doing about it!  :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Drink urine if stranded..  [-X
This assumes you're stranded right after what? Drinking a keg of beer? =D>  OH Bravo!
Chances are if you're stranded in need of drinking urine you're probably already dehydrated and your urine is gonna taste like..well...p...p...pi..pis....pi.. Oh I just can't say it! :lol:
You can however piss in a hole in the ground, place a cup in the hole, cover it with plastic then drop a stone on the plastic to catch the evaporated water, but as I mentioned, chances of getting stranded where you need to drink piss on a full bladder are near zilch.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.